Make-up!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Northern Dreamer

Reaction score
Am looking for a resource for good wash cloths for make-up removal (colored ones? or black?)
Am tired of the stains and tossing what was once a nice towel/wash cloth!

We bought grey on A by Utopia, but if I buy again, I would look for those made with microfibre, because they should be easier to wash.

Looking for these?.
Wow. that's brilliant.
regular_smile.gif

Can't find a UK supplier though.
sad_smile.gif

I use the ones Silverspoon suggested. Have used them for years. Have never had to replace one. They last and last.

We buy the aloe makeup removers from InnStyle. AND, more importantly, we buy super cheap face cloths to supplement the nice ones.
The nice ones are a cafe au lait color. The cheap ones are pastels and cost 50 cents each. Available at Target, Home Goods, TJ Maxx, etc. You can match your bathroom colors or not, there are a lot of choices.
Don't make yourself crazy trying to keep 'good' linens if your guests don't care.
We put out two nice facecloths, and three cheap pastels. The pastels are right on the sink. When they get ugly, they are dusting rags. And I don't care.
I buy 12 more every year. Big deal. $6. 7 rooms. Freedom from angst.

Looking for these?.
Wow. that's brilliant.
regular_smile.gif

sad_smile.gif

Highlands John said:
Wow. that's brilliant.
regular_smile.gif

sad_smile.gif
Next time you're across the pond, ask one of us to buy them for you! Or, ask someone now. You'd have to pay double shipping, but it might be worth it.
I'm not a fan because I don't see how the guest can determine if they're clean. And I've heard that comment. We don't have them, but I've been told about them by guests.

At the PA Inn we use blue, green, tan, and brown regular face cloths and place them on the sink.
At the NE Inn we use make up towels by Soft Touch. We found them to be softer, cheaper, and the guests used them more than the Turkish Towels ones.

I just buy nice, plush, dark washcloths from wherever I see them on sale (TJ Maxx, Tuesday Morning, etc.). I place the dark wash cloth overtop the white washcloths, tied with a ribbon and a note that says "For makeup removal". Most guests use them, but some seem to completely ignore them. I've never thought of the idea that they might not think they're clean. Btw, I've found that Clorox 2 removes almost everything from anything! It's taken out self-tanner, lipstick, wine, blood, BBQ sauce (I'm in a state known for its BBQ & unfortunately hand towels sometimes take the brunt of this.) The only thing I still have trouble with is waterproof mascara. https://www.clorox.com/products/clorox-2-stain-remover-and-color-booster-liquid/

Back