Making the leap to online reservations

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, get online booking. No, I don't spend all day checking for incoming reservations. Generally, if someone wants tonight or tomorrow they call. You can have your rez system only accept reservations for next day on and not same day.
We have a 2-room suite that we do not allow to be booked online. We simply state for that room to 'call to make the rez' and that keeps the issues to a minimum.
Do guests that we speak to act better than guests who book online? No. Do people who call and reserve show up with dogs and kids they never mentioned? Yes. Stop using that 'filter' thing as a reason not to have what is an essential marketing tool on your website. Because you have never had online reservations you cannot say that you have successfully stopped a guest from doing something they would have done 'wrong' if you allowed online bookings just because you got to talk to them. Make sure your policies are clear on the website..
I now totally agree with everything you said. It took me a VERY long time to give up control and the feeling that I needed to speak and feel out every guest. My first summer with ResKey is coming up and I must say, I don't need to speak to everyone. I am FREEEEEEE.
Also, I "installed" this program in one day. Yes, it is that easy. I had a few questions, unnessesary questions for John, he really has made it very easy to do this yourself. When I asked him if he would do it for me, he told me that I had already done it all by myself and needed to just personalize it. He was right.
Do not be afraid to make the switch
check it out www.wayfarerlodgings.com if you want
IrisoftheWayfarer said:
I now totally agree with everything you said. It took me a VERY long time to give up control and the feeling that I needed to speak and feel out every guest. My first summer with ResKey is coming up and I must say, I don't need to speak to everyone. I am FREEEEEEE.
Also, I "installed" this program in one day. Yes, it is that easy. I had a few questions, unnessesary questions for John, he really has made it very easy to do this yourself. When I asked him if he would do it for me, he told me that I had already done it all by myself and needed to just personalize it. He was right.
Do not be afraid to make the switch
check it out www.wayfarerlodgings.com if you want
Congrats on getting set up. I have a suggestion for you. When a customer clicks on a room to make a reservation for a specific date. They will get confused on how and where to make the reservation. You need to crop your bookable pkgs pics down in size. They way it is now you have to scroll to the bottom of the page to make the reservation. Most people will not know that. If you crop the pics it will bring the portion for guests to fill out and they will be able to do so without searching of it. I did the same thing and had a lot of calls about it.
Just a suggestion.

Back