Mallomars

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morticia

Reaction score
If you know you're going to eat an entire box of Mallomars, does it make any difference if you eat them in one day or one week? (I'm actually on the last box of THREE that my SIL brought for me on Sat.) Oy.

if you eat them all in one day the calories don't count.
or count backwards.
negative calories. yeah, that's it.
wink_smile.gif

ps i've never had a mallomar.

if you eat them all in one day the calories don't count.
or count backwards.
negative calories. yeah, that's it.
wink_smile.gif

ps i've never had a mallomar..
seashanty said:
ps i've never had a mallomar.
NEVER? Well, if you ever have the chance...
These used to be a regular purchase for me. Then they were $2/box. NOW, they're $4 and it's a small box. (And my SIL brought THREE! I feel so special!) They are only available during the winter because of the chocolate coating. (So they say.)

I like Russell Stover Mint Dreams. When I got hooked on them they were 10 cents each. They are now 69 cents. Of course, I also go back to the olden days of 3 Musketeers being advertised to share with 2 friends and they were a whole nickel! Ahhhh, the days of yesteryear!

If you eat them close the floor, you can consider them "low calorie." :)
Girl Scout cookie season is here, so I'm eating Caramel deLites (also called Samoa's) like they're potato chips.
http://www.girlscoutcookies.org/meet_the_cookies.asp

oh samoas! wow! yum.
i like mystic mints, if they're still around? like an oreo covered in mint flavored chocolate. i did some for christmas ... melted the chocolate, put in a few drops of peppermint flavoring and dipped oreos. what i didn't know was if the mystic mints were mint oreos dipped in chocolate or regular oreos dipped in mint chocolate.

Feeling quite left out with all these treats I've never heard of! In the UK we have Tunnocks teacakes which seem to be pretty similar to Mallomars (just googled them!) and are yummy...

I don't know what they are either. Better that I don't. :).
Kind of like s'mores without the mess. Graham cracker-like cookies, topped with marshamllow, all covered with really good dark chocolate. Blog post about them.
And the recipe
http://southernbaker.com/2009/07/27/mallomars-daring-bakers/
chef.gif

mallomars.jpg

That looks like a moon pie.
gillumhouse said:
That looks like a moon pie.
Looks like. Tastes nothing like.

For me it's Milano dark chocolate cookies. I have to stay away from them or I will eat ALL of them in the course of the day. Funny thing is, I don't really like any other store bought cookies.
Eat them early in the morning and then go for a walk, eat them at lunch and then go cross country skiing, eat them at night and swear you will burn it off the next day :) We all need a few vices.

OK, just so you know, it does make a difference. I just tried to get my 'regular' jeans on to go out tonight. I've been wearing my 'painting' jeans which are very worn and stretched.
Not a pretty sight. 'Nuff said.

I really don't think it makes any difference. I love love love those cookies. I try not to buy them because I hide them so I can eat all my self. I mean I can eat the whole sack in one setting. I try not to do it but I can't help it. I love the ones with orange. At the moment that one is my favorite. I can't even buy the little bags to put out for guests you can guess why.
wink_smile.gif

Oh sorry mine is Milano like County Girls. I read it wrong.
If you don't know what they are it might be best not to know.
regular_smile.gif

I really don't think it makes any difference. I love love love those cookies. I try not to buy them because I hide them so I can eat all my self. I mean I can eat the whole sack in one setting. I try not to do it but I can't help it. I love the ones with orange. At the moment that one is my favorite. I can't even buy the little bags to put out for guests you can guess why.
wink_smile.gif

Oh sorry mine is Milano like County Girls. I read it wrong.
If you don't know what they are it might be best not to know.
regular_smile.gif
Mint Milanos I won't even buy for the same reason. They are reserved for 'car trips.' I treat myself in the car on a long drive. I think there's one called 'Nantuckets' that has chunky chocolate and nuts.
I wouldn't buy the Mallomars even if they were cheap because I like them so much!

Back