Manna From Heaven

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gillumhouse

Reaction score
As I sat here tonight after my Council meeting, I hear the ding-dong You have Mail. Here is what I had:
My name is K M___n and I am the chief meteorologist and ^^TV in
C'burg. I do a bi-monthly news feature on the people, places,
activities, culture, etc. of NCWV. I am writing you to see if you have
any interest in being the focus of one of my upcoming stories? I have an
immediate opening if you are interested, or we can add you to the list for
the near, or not-so near future. Let me know your thoughts.
Thank you!
KM
My response? Just about everything except - Is the Pope Catholic? I should be getting a call tomorrow to set up the time for either Thursday or Friday... Woohoo!! Out of the blue... I will talk about the Thank You Veterans (8 States in, 42 to go) AND the fact we do things special for anniversaries for those who do not have time to go "away".

thumbs_up.gif

That's GREAT! Not only good exposure...but it sounds like fun, too! And (tho' a newbie) I've been reading here enough to know that you're a super subject - with all your community involvement.
If the video ends up online, will you post a link? Pretty please?

That's GREAT! Not only good exposure...but it sounds like fun, too! And (tho' a newbie) I've been reading here enough to know that you're a super subject - with all your community involvement.
If the video ends up online, will you post a link? Pretty please?.
Is the Pope Catholic? It is supposed to air March 25 which is why the rush - to which I say, bring it on! I will post it if it is posted.

Update - I had a brainfart last night during the exchange and suggested I serve my signature breakfast to him and his photographer. It is set for Friday at 1 PM. Yeehaa!!!! This will be my chance to tell locals what we have for THEM!

Update - I had a brainfart last night during the exchange and suggested I serve my signature breakfast to him and his photographer. It is set for Friday at 1 PM. Yeehaa!!!! This will be my chance to tell locals what we have for THEM!.
Wow. That is just wonderful!

i guess i need more info. my first thought was this is a scam or something. (why am i so skeptical?)
so it's 'local color' during the weather? that would be so great!
ps keep us posted!!!

i guess i need more info. my first thought was this is a scam or something. (why am i so skeptical?)
so it's 'local color' during the weather? that would be so great!
ps keep us posted!!!.
I removed his name and the TV call letters on purpose. It is a local station. Here you wear many hats. He is meteorologist but does a feature a couple times a month on people, places, etc. My buddy Reuben is bringing his radio program to Shinnston Friday morning (he is news director who also does sports and broadcasts football and basketball games on one of the stations owned by the company (he does news & sports reports for all and HIS talk show on the news/talk station) and I will be serving breakfast at 2 PM. It is totally legit. I even got squeezed in at the hairdresser for 9:30 Friday morning so I will be beeeutifullllll !

AWESOME!!
breakfast at 2 ... who will you be serving as 'guests' ... are you bringing in a vet guest and spouse? how fun!
then you have to let the local newspapers know you were 'recently featured on' and all that stuff.

AWESOME!!
breakfast at 2 ... who will you be serving as 'guests' ... are you bringing in a vet guest and spouse? how fun!
then you have to let the local newspapers know you were 'recently featured on' and all that stuff..
I will be serving the meteorologist and his photographer.. When he speaks about the breakfast - he will KNOW what he is talking about. He chose Kona Blend coffee.

Update: All done. It is the first time I have ever seen anyone pour coffee into a Fostoria water goblet. Thank goodness I used the Fostoria - I almost used my delicate amber goblets but decided they would not look as good with my beautiful red chargers. It would have shattered with the hot coffee! I think it went well. And Reuben mentioned me 3 times this morning on his radio show that was broadcaast from City Hall. DH heard the last 2 mentions (I was getting my hair done). The third time was to say my B & B had provided coffee and muffins for the show.

thumbs_up.gif
Thanks for the good job, I couldn't think of anyone better than you to represent the B&B industry. Hats off to you Kathleen!

Back