Marketing Ideas - FOOD

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
I was just looking at this and thought, wouldn't it be interesting if we as bloggers shared more regional things on our blogs, not even specific to our little neck of the woods, but region over all.
Example - Salt Potatoes, a regional food in Rochester & Syracuse:
99642210475761849_Z7GqxMyp_f.jpg

Should you or could you share MORE of what is found where you are?
PA Dutch country:
256845984968751648_Lnv1ZWK5_f.jpg

Chicago dog:
253468285247443146_iQcb2Ta0_f.jpg

Just thought I would share this with you, as you may assume people think of these things when they plan a trip, but get them salivating, why not? Maybe they don't know you have a food representative of your area, no you don't need to serve it, but they can eat it there.
CASE IN POINT - I WOULD LOVE TO HAVE A TEST MARKET ON THIS IDEA. For example, an inn somewhere in New England in lobster season - post a diff lobster image every single day for a week or so, and see what happens? You can post a link to a local restaurant and get more bang for your blog, too. Make it simple, an image that makes someone drool, every day. Then see what happens?
I never knew about Pepperoni Rolls until Gillum House shared that as being from there, I never knew anything about it, and found it very interesting, the whole history of them.
What do you have that you can boast about? PEACHES? HAVE YA GOT PEACHES RIGHT NOW?
Eating is half the fun of any road trip, many road trips are planned around it nowadays, even following Diners Drive Ins and Dives or other shows on TV.

Great ideas. I guess I have to go out and eat a few lobsters to get the photos! Oh what I suffer for the fans.

Here's a local speciality...
poutine.jpg

Poutine - French Fries, Cheese Curds & Gravy

I might try that in the fall for the apple harvest - that's a big deal around here. A different variety of local apple every day for a week, or every week for the month of October, with a recipe to go along. The apple blossom in the spring is a huge to-do, also, but less easy to do good blog posts about.

poutine.jpg

Poutine - French Fries, Cheese Curds & Gravy.
I have never had cheese curds in my life and I just know it is something I would adore. I know there are tailgate parties for Green Bay Packers all about cheese curds! But mostly it is a Canuck thing, from what I have heard, or midwest? I want to try them!
See that is a reason to go to Quebec right there! :) Poutine, I have to try it.

poutine.jpg

I have never had cheese curds in my life and I just know it is something I would adore. I know there are tailgate parties for Green Bay Packers all about cheese curds! But mostly it is a Canuck thing, from what I have heard, or midwest? I want to try them!
I'm in Ohio's Amish area- cheese curds are HUGE around here. Not sure why. You can go an hour and a half in any direction and not be able to find them in the stores. Around here? All over the place.

poutine.jpg

Joey Bloggs said:
No passport needed...come visit me.

I have some friends that spent a year trying the local version of hot dogs everywhere that they visited. They kept a journal of them and rated them. I thought that was a great idea.

Is a relative of the inventor of the hot dog. 1904 Worlds Fair in St Louis MO

poutine.jpg

The best cheese curds come from Wisconsin and they are the best because they "squeak" when you bite into them. You will only know what I am talking about when you eat one.

poutine.jpg

The best cheese curds come from Wisconsin and they are the best because they "squeak" when you bite into them. You will only know what I am talking about when you eat one.
I assure you that Quebec cheese curds not only squeak, we have won awards worldwide. We call cheese curds fromage kwikwi because the squeak they make in your head.
They lose their squeak in about 24 hours.

poutine.jpg

Cheese curds YES! Poutine.....not so much. Definitely an acquired taste. I must say that the one thing that bothers me about this dish is the lack of color. Brown, beige and grey.

poutine.jpg

We're in the middle of a huge cheese producing area. Cheese curds are big around here. I hate them, but others seem to like them. A restaurant around here used to do deep fried cheese curds.

poutine.jpg

We're in the middle of a huge cheese producing area. Cheese curds are big around here. I hate them, but others seem to like them. A restaurant around here used to do deep fried cheese curds.
Breakfast Diva said:
deep fried cheese curds.
YUM

Back