Marketing to Gen X vs Baby Boomers and Gen Y

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Regarding TV's, we don't leave them in the rooms. Just put them in when requested. The TV's spend most of the time in the basement. Seems like it's mostly the older crowd that want the TV's. The 20-30-40 somethings watch Hulu or DVD's on their laptops. I think the trend could be changing with the hand held devices though, kinda hard to watch a movie on one..
Hangfive said:
Regarding TV's, we don't leave them in the rooms. Just put them in when requested. The TV's spend most of the time in the basement. Seems like it's mostly the older crowd that want the TV's. The 20-30-40 somethings watch Hulu or DVD's on their laptops. I think the trend could be changing with the hand held devices though, kinda hard to watch a movie on one.
If you have them, why don't you make them a permanent part of the rooms and use that in your marketing desciptions? Many of my guests tell me that they booked here as opposed to other Inns in town because the rooms have TV. Even if they don't use them, they feel it's more of a value if it's included.
Little Blue said:
Hangfive said:
Regarding TV's, we don't leave them in the rooms. Just put them in when requested. The TV's spend most of the time in the basement. Seems like it's mostly the older crowd that want the TV's. The 20-30-40 somethings watch Hulu or DVD's on their laptops. I think the trend could be changing with the hand held devices though, kinda hard to watch a movie on one.
If you have them, why don't you make them a permanent part of the rooms and use that in your marketing desciptions? Many of my guests tell me that they booked here as opposed to other Inns in town because the rooms have TV. Even if they don't use them, they feel it's more of a value if it's included.
TV's are in our marketing description. But we have found that many people just don't want them in the rooms. This applies especially to women who book a couples get away. It's usually the old folks who want to watch the news that request the TV's. Most of my competition have in room TV's, so it's an ammenity to not have one in the room unless requested to do so.

Regarding TV's, we don't leave them in the rooms. Just put them in when requested. The TV's spend most of the time in the basement. Seems like it's mostly the older crowd that want the TV's. The 20-30-40 somethings watch Hulu or DVD's on their laptops. I think the trend could be changing with the hand held devices though, kinda hard to watch a movie on one..
Hangfive said:
Little Blue said:
Hangfive said:
TV's are in our marketing description. But we have found that many people just don't want them in the rooms. This applies especially to women who book a couples get away. It's usually the old folks who want to watch the news that request the TV's. Most of my competition have in room TV's, so it's an ammenity to not have one in the room unless requested to do so.
Hangfive said:
Little Blue said:
Hangfive said:
I used to have one room with no tv for that reason here. Then we checked in a guest and he went ballistic. Really, he did. He swore at DH because there was no tv in his room. Uh? We never said there was. Anyway, it was a royal pain and involved Dh in the attic feeding cable down through as I pulled it etc to get it into all the rooms. Now we just have it - turn it on, or leave it off. No worries. We are not investing in flat screen hdtv's though, this is not their home, they can have surround sound movie theater tv's at home. Let them eat cake.

Back