Martini glasses for fruit course?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morticia

Reaction score
How would that look? I'm thinking it might look pretty good if I can get glasses that are not too tall (everything MUST fit in the dishwasher!)
I was looking at these. Or these.

I have done this many times and it looks lovely. Guests love them.
And yes, definitely go for some that fit in the dishwasher. You'll be cursing yourself otherwise.
Edited to add: like the z-stem but the Libby set will probably hold up a lot better.

yes, absolutely!
wouldn't it be fun to spear a cherry or two and stick it on the top of your fruit. yumm

I use my sherberts for fruit..
Nice. And I'm guessing they go right in the dishwasher?
Actually, DH is the dishwasher. In 2007 when he was away for 7 weeks with his 6-way bypass I thought about getting a dishwasher while he was not here to object. Fostoria cannot go in the dishwasher - it gets cloudy; I would not want to chance my Steubenville china in the dishwasher; for what is left it is not worth it. Then DH came home and doing the dishes makes him feel useful and "doing his part " for the business. He is back to doing dishes now! Yea!! He has "turned the corner" and is back to doing is own thing again. Still in the wheelchair but walks with the walker several times a day. I have decided to let him live - at least a while longer.....
He had such a bad reaction to a med that he just wanted to die and I was almost willing (lol) to help him out that day! Yikers!

Actually, DH is the dishwasher. In 2007 when he was away for 7 weeks with his 6-way bypass I thought about getting a dishwasher while he was not here to object. Fostoria cannot go in the dishwasher - it gets cloudy; I would not want to chance my Steubenville china in the dishwasher; for what is left it is not worth it. Then DH came home and doing the dishes makes him feel useful and "doing his part " for the business. He is back to doing dishes now! Yea!! He has "turned the corner" and is back to doing is own thing again. Still in the wheelchair but walks with the walker several times a day. I have decided to let him live - at least a while longer.....
He had such a bad reaction to a med that he just wanted to die and I was almost willing (lol) to help him out that day! Yikers!
gillumhouse said:
Yea!! He has "turned the corner"
That is fabulous news!
And the dishwashing thing is just like an added bonus.

gillumhouse said:
good news about him!
i am a terrible dishwasher (i admit it). growing up, i was the dryer. now the only things i hand wash are those things that can't go in the dishwasher.
you weren't required to have a dishwasher to get your permit? interesting.

gillumhouse said:
good news about him!
i am a terrible dishwasher (i admit it). growing up, i was the dryer. now the only things i hand wash are those things that can't go in the dishwasher.
you weren't required to have a dishwasher to get your permit? interesting.
you weren't required to have a dishwasher to get your permit?
We got a plastic dishpan and all dishes are put into a bleach soak for at least 1 minute before being moved to the drying rack to air dry. That is how we got around the dishwasher requirement.

I like the second one better. The first with crooked stems...doesn't seem to fit the personality of your inn...way modern.

I like the second ones better myself - they have a little roundness to the bottom of the bowl which I think would look better for a fruit course than the z-stems. You could also serve small servings of cold soups or smoothies in those. The cherry garnish would look very nice.
A bleach solution bath/air dry is pretty common for glassware cleaning - it's what all the bars around here do. Some of the health code inspectors prefer it over dishwasher cleaning.

I like the second ones better myself - they have a little roundness to the bottom of the bowl which I think would look better for a fruit course than the z-stems. You could also serve small servings of cold soups or smoothies in those. The cherry garnish would look very nice.
A bleach solution bath/air dry is pretty common for glassware cleaning - it's what all the bars around here do. Some of the health code inspectors prefer it over dishwasher cleaning..
Yeah, we're all about the dishwasher here. If it doesn't fit in the dishwasher or it can't go in the dishwasher I can't buy it. If I wanted to undertake washing the dishes, I could do anything I want. But I don't, so I can't.
confused_smile.gif

I used Martini glasses all the time. Also used small liquor or port glasses for mini-smoothies. It's fun to use different glassware!
I agree....Z-stems are too modern for the look of your place.

YES!!!! We have the short stemmed martini glasses which we use for drinks, fruit, and part of the serving dish for the shrimp cocktails. The short stemmed ones don't fall over as easily as the long stemmed ones, especially when we are underway through waves.

YES!!!! We have the short stemmed martini glasses which we use for drinks, fruit, and part of the serving dish for the shrimp cocktails. The short stemmed ones don't fall over as easily as the long stemmed ones, especially when we are underway through waves..
Waves....not usually a consideration for most of us innkeepers. lol!

I think the 2nd set would look better at your place too. I would LOVE to have fruit served to me in those (I would even take a martini!).

I'm odd one out here. I like the first ones better; a little funky and interesting. The other ones are nice, but common. Either way, they'll be great.

I'm odd one out here. I like the first ones better; a little funky and interesting. The other ones are nice, but common. Either way, they'll be great..
Country Girl said:
I'm odd one out here. I like the first ones better; a little funky and interesting. The other ones are nice, but common. Either way, they'll be great.
No, you're not the odd one out, those are the ones I like best, too. And, because they have the squiggley stem, they're shorter, they fit in the dishwasher and they're the ones I bought. They're really for a martini party but I needed to justify a secondary use for them! There is some beautiful stemware out there!

So I am looking at the picket fencing for my garden and what comes up? YOUR martini glasses and what must be all the glass choices you looked at. It says " Customers Who Bought Items in Your Recent History Also Bought..." and your zigzaggy martini glasses and a lot of other ones are shown.
Big brother...<creepy music starts now>

Back