Mattress pads?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Madeleine

Reaction score
In the market for some new mattress pads. I want something with a little pouf to it, not just a flat mattress cover. No memory foam stuff. Just a simple cotton mattress pad with poly filling that is pouffy. Any suggestions?
I got THE best ones 7 years ago but can no longer find them. Everything since has been a big disappointment in terms of how they fit on the bed, how pouffy they are and the material it usually 'noisy'.
They don't have to be waterproof.

I've been sleeping on this one the last few months and really like it. (it's really a topper, not a pad)
But at 2-1/2" and $88, it may have more pouf and cost than you're looking for.

I've been sleeping on this one the last few months and really like it. (it's really a topper, not a pad)
But at 2-1/2" and $88, it may have more pouf and cost than you're looking for..
That looks like the one I have on my bed. Problem with the one I have (and the reason I have it instead of it's being in the inn) is that the filling has shifted to the edges so you have to 'climb' out of the bed!

Arkansawyer said:
But at 2-1/2" and $88, it may have more pouf and cost than you're looking for.
Me too!
not the guest beds, just my own.

I bought some SEALY ones at Penney's and I really like them.
Sealy® Posturepedic Super-Filled Mattress Pad[/h1].
catlady said:
Sealy® Posturepedic Super-Filled Mattress Pad[/h1]
THAT'S the one I bought years ago! Thank you!
Madeleine said:
catlady said:
I was about to say, be careful of the ones you can run your fingers through the edging (not the topping) material, that is one I have on two beds and looks in tatters because I stuff my fingers through it trying to straighten it on the bed.
I buy all kinds and have not found one that doesn't stretch out and stay nice over time.

Sealy® Posturepedic Super-Filled Mattress Pad[/h1].
catlady said:
Madeleine said:
catlady said:
I was about to say, be careful of the ones you can run your fingers through the edging (not the topping) material, that is one I have on two beds and looks in tatters because I stuff my fingers through it trying to straighten it on the bed.
I buy all kinds and have not found one that doesn't stretch out and stay nice over time.
Joey Bloggs said:
Madeleine said:
catlady said:
Yeah, and that's the problem. Some of the ones I have from 7 years ago have holes in the edges. But not too bad. I did get some last year but they were so noisy I took them back. They had really lousy side panels as well.
(I watched the housekeeper today putting one on the bed. She started at the bottom of the bed and was stuck in the corner trying to pull up the pad.)

we have mattress toppers which are feather and down - but they are sort of sewn in squares so the filling can't move that much.

That looks like the one I have on my bed. Problem with the one I have (and the reason I have it instead of it's being in the inn) is that the filling has shifted to the edges so you have to 'climb' out of the bed!
Madeleine said:
Same with the one we have. It's pocketed so I don't think the contents shift, just get squidzed flat.

we have mattress toppers which are feather and down - but they are sort of sewn in squares so the filling can't move that much..
This one is sewn in squares, too, but all the stuffing along the outside edge shifted right up to the edge. So, it's not flat, it all bumpy. Makes the bed look unkempt.

Ralph Lauren mattress protectors that I bought were reasonably priced, thick, stitched to hold the filling, and stood up well to a lot of laundering. I got them at TJ Maxx.

We offer several styles from Carpenter Company for the Hospitality industry, including innkeepers such as yourself. I have included a link to our website, below. Based on what you are looking for, I would recommend the Slumber Fresh. It has a cotton cover is about 1" thick, and has a skirt that will accomodate mattresses up to 19". The polyester fill protects against allergens and the odors associated with them. If you want something not as thick, then I would recommend the 180TC. We also offer one that is 2" thick from Louisville Bedding.
http://www.kellssonlinens.com/carpenter.htm

I found your website perfect for my needs. It contains wonderful and helpful posts. I have read most of them and learned a lot from them. You are doing some great work. Thank you for making such a nice website.
Regards
Cotton mattresses in mumbai
Nikki Jain

Back