Mattress pads

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morticia

Reaction score
I just received my order for mattress pads from JCP. I look for cotton tops and the densest stuffing I can find. The best ones I ever bought were from Overstock 4 years ago. Anyway, I get these out of the pkging and put them in the washer. I take them out and they are 'noisy.' The backing on them is that really cheap 'fabric' that the reusable grocery bags (sold for a buck) are made from. So, everytime someone rolls over in bed they are going to hear crinkle, crinkle. Arrrgh, why don't people think about these things instead of just going the cheapest way possible? And they're not that thick, either. So, they'll go on the beds that get used the least...
I wasn't thrilled with the new sheets, either. They are labeled 'easy care' and they came out of the pkg feeling like the old nylon sheets from the 60's. Ewww. They washed up a bit better and as they go on the twin beds that are mostly used by kids, I'm not going to sweat it.
Now awaiting arrival of blankets and hoping disappointment is not in my future again.

I would definitely take them back. And noisy is a valid reason for return for a B &B!!!!

I wouldn't keep them...send them back and complain..
I believe I got my waterproof mattress covers from Sears. They are great and no noise or crinkle stuff. They may be on sale right now...
RIki

I love my Snugfleece Wool Mattress pads...phenomonal!.
No wool allowed here, it traps hair, which is a big no no for my health inspector. I took all the wool pads off the beds, washed 'em up good and am using them as batting for my quilts.

Little Blue said:
I love my Snugfleece Wool Mattress pads...phenomonal!
I was curious so I googled your mattress pads. They look really neat but they are not cheap are they?! I do love the fact that they are made in the USA!

Little Blue said:
I was curious so I googled your mattress pads. They look really neat but they are not cheap are they?! I do love the fact that they are made in the USA!
GeorgiaGirl said:
Little Blue said:
Not cheap, but worth it. Cool in summer, warm in winter, wick away moisture, like sleeping on a cloud and wash/dry quickly. Have had them for years and they're still like new.

We get ours at Target. To be honest with you, I don't remember if they are moisture proof or not. They have a slight crinkle to them, but I think you have to be listening for it. They have batting. Between the bed and the mattress pad, everyone is impressed with how comfortable the beds are.

You've convinced me to take them back. But now the search is on again...
I like a high loft mattress pad, doesn't have to be waterproof because I have mattress protectors on the beds, too. No noise, please! Also can't do anything extra thick because the sheets will never fit, they're tough right now to pull on.

You've convinced me to take them back. But now the search is on again...
I like a high loft mattress pad, doesn't have to be waterproof because I have mattress protectors on the beds, too. No noise, please! Also can't do anything extra thick because the sheets will never fit, they're tough right now to pull on..
I LOVE the Ralph Lauren mattress pads that I got at TJ Maxx. Very thick and have stood up really well. Guests ask about them and they impressed our health inspectors. :)

We found some polyester "feather" beds at a local discount store up here in the mountains for less than $30 a piece on sale. They are awesome. One side is a non-stick fabric, and the top is pillowed smoothness. Our guests regularly mention how amazing they are.
Of course, if anybody does the nasty on them, we'll have to drive 1.5 hours to Denver to find a commercial washer big enough to get them clean. But they have been a spectacular success for us and even have gotten good mention on Trip Advisor.

Finally brought the mattress pads back. In store looking at what they had on sale, I found the same ones I've had for years that are now in need of replacement. Yay! None in queen. Boo. Had to order them online. Cheaper than in the store. Yay! Free shipping. Double yay!
Hopefully, they are still made the same way. I was poking at them in the store and they didn't seem noisy like the ones I took back.

I wouldn't keep them...send them back and complain..
catlady said:
I wouldn't keep them...send them back and complain.
I agree!
The Farmers Daughter said:
catlady said:
I wouldn't keep them...send them back and complain.
I agree!
I did. Just. New ones arrived yesterday but I haven't had a chance to wash them yet. I tested them in the store! (Didn't buy them because they didn't have the size I needed, had to catalog order.)

Back