Mattresses

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I never said they were in bad shape, I said I'm sick of fluffing and flipping the damn featherbeds. One of my biggest peeves is checking the guest in, and they right away toss their suitcase or their butt on the bed and compress a big spot in the featherbed. Makes my OCD alarms go off like crazy! Or, after their first night, side sleepers leave giant divets in the bed, and I have to unmake it to refluff. Aaargh.
I did a test ad on Craigslist for the old beds, and was bombarded with emails...about 20 people in one day. Then, an acquaintance I know that has several vacation rentals at the nearby ski resort saw the ad and called to say that if I was selling, he would take all four.
The beds I want to get are made in Michigan high end beds (sell normally for $1100 each set)...I can get them for about $500 each if I participate in the "sell them to your guests" program that profits the Inn selling them $150. I've talked to nearly a dozen Inns using them, and they all rave about them and say that the guests not only love them, but buy them.
Probably a stupid time to think about replacing the beds, but once again, I was thinking about myself and the guests and not about the Inn being for sale....that's a hard concept to work around. At least if the Inn sells now, or this winter, I won't have the thousands upon thousands of dollars of advance deposits to turn over to the buyers that I would have had during the summer..
Have you tried using my Granny's method for feather beds?
Granny had a feather bed and every morning made the bed by using the broom handle to "fluff: the bed before finishing the process of making the bed. She held the broom by the "straw end" and hitting across the mattress with the handle top to bottom and back again..
Oh sure, that sounds like ALOT less trouble......
poke.gif

Seriously, I have no idea what you do to "fluff" your feather mattresses. My only experience with them was Granny's bed and I remember using a broom handle - I was a kid, maybe it was from an old broom and using the stick - but that is how she made her bed in the mornings.

ps .... Georgia Girl ... your thread has offically been hijacked. i don't have any brands to recommend, sorry.

DO IT!!!
if you have the money, DO IT!!!
you are 'sick of fluffing and flipping the damn featherbeds'
you will be happier.
that's worth the money.
oh, did i say?
DO IT!!!.
Ha Ha Sea Shanty!
Went up to make my three stayovers, and had to unmake ALL THREE beds, pick up the topper, flip it, shake it, fluff it, put back the mattress pad, sheets, blanket and quilt.
Came downstairs, called Tim and ordered the beds. DONE...and I want to do a dance!
happy%2520dance%2520penguin.gif

(Wanted to use this little guy on another thread, but did not want to appear rude.)

LB, I am glad you made the decision to buy the new beds. I was going to chime in with my opinon that I thought it was a good idea...planning for the future (selling) doesn't take away from the present (in business). I think you will enjoy the new beds from a cleaning standpoint. I also think that from your personality standpoint, you needed to do it. Your own peace of mind is worth it. Good for you! Hope you love them!

Back