McDonald's telemarketing call for rooms?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 26

Reaction score
ring ring
'This is a one night's stay'
'Do you have a room available for $50.?
'Do you have a room for tonight?
Do you have a room for less than $50?
If you do not have a room available for $50 this message will repeat
This call is sponsored by McDonald's.
Yo ... this is Paul from McDonald's dollar menunaire club ... you obviously like to get a lot for a little ....'
that was basically it ... not verbatim
i hung up ... third call in 5 minutes.
just what i need at 8 in the morning.

Just had one of those this morning for the first time. From some service called hey cosmo which, upon further investigation, seems to be a very, very bad use of internet capabilities which will drive us all crazy.

If you haven't, put your number on the national DO NOT CALL list.
To register your number, go to : https://www.donotcall.gov/ It makes it illegal for them to call you..
ProudTexan said:
To register your number, go to : https://www.donotcall.gov/ It makes it illegal for them to call you.
HA HA HA!!! FALLING OFF MY CHAIR WITH LAUGHTER!
Every time someone posts that like DUH!!! No kidding. I get call after call, we are on the Do not call registry always have been.

To register your number, go to : https://www.donotcall.gov/ It makes it illegal for them to call you..
ProudTexan said:
To register your number, go to : https://www.donotcall.gov/ It makes it illegal for them to call you.
Every time someone posts that like DUH!!! No kidding. I get call after call, we are on the Do not call registry always have been.
There is no call to be insulting. Not everyone is as enlightened as you.
The registry has certainly worked for us.

ProudTexan said:
Keep in mind that business phone numbers are exempt from being placed on the DNC registry. Mine is on there but I don't have a leg to stand on in complaining. The next round of legislation SHOULD cover these 'robo' calls from automated dialers with a recorded message. SHOULD, but don't count on it.
The other issue is the telemarketers are on the cutting edge of telephony. They use features like routing the calls thru 'dead' phone numbers. You can complain all you want, but the phone number isn't in service and no phone company is going to do the trace required to stop the calls because they make money on every call.
It's a pain in the patoot. And I get the same calls, slight variations for home and business all day long on 2 numbers that are both listed on the DNC and have been since I moved here 4 years ago.
I am lucky to live in a 'low population' state so we don't get hit as hard as places like FL, AZ, TX & CA (and VA).

ProudTexan said:
ProudTexan said:
Not trying to be insulting, neither were you, just stating we are on it, have been on it, and get call after call. Unfortunately, being a business. They have their #'s blocked on caller id so you cannot even report them properly, when you ask about the company they hang up on you.

It will not work for long for a business line.
ftc.gov said:
Can I register my business phone number or a fax number?
The National Do Not Call Registry is only for personal phone numbers. Business-to-business calls and faxes are not covered by the National Do Not Call Registry
Once you list your phone number as a business number in the phone book or put it on your website, the window of being protected by the Do not call registry starts to close.
Though I do recommend putting your business number on the do not call registry as some less annoying companies will still respect it...but the truly annoying ones don't. :(

The other catch is the registry only applies to telemarketers based in the US. Technically, telemarketers from other countries aren't supposed to call either, but since they aren't under US jurisdiction, many companies are using call centers based in India and the Phillipines which have large English speaking populations to get around this provision. I actually don't understand telemarketing. Has anyone ever purchased anything from a telemarketing call? It's annoying, but it can't be cost effective either.

The other catch is the registry only applies to telemarketers based in the US. Technically, telemarketers from other countries aren't supposed to call either, but since they aren't under US jurisdiction, many companies are using call centers based in India and the Phillipines which have large English speaking populations to get around this provision. I actually don't understand telemarketing. Has anyone ever purchased anything from a telemarketing call? It's annoying, but it can't be cost effective either..
IvyLee said:
The other catch is the registry only applies to telemarketers based in the US. Technically, telemarketers from other countries aren't supposed to call either, but since they aren't under US jurisdiction, many companies are using call centers based in India and the Phillipines which have large English speaking populations to get around this provision. I actually don't understand telemarketing. Has anyone ever purchased anything from a telemarketing call? It's annoying, but it can't be cost effective either.
It has to work. Just like ads, people say they don't look at them, but SOMEONE IS LOOKING AT THEM, Some poor soul is being taken by telemarketers as we get so many calls and they are relentless!

The other catch is the registry only applies to telemarketers based in the US. Technically, telemarketers from other countries aren't supposed to call either, but since they aren't under US jurisdiction, many companies are using call centers based in India and the Phillipines which have large English speaking populations to get around this provision. I actually don't understand telemarketing. Has anyone ever purchased anything from a telemarketing call? It's annoying, but it can't be cost effective either..
I agree. I don't know how telemarketers stay in business other than by relying on that "sucker born every minute" concept. I think the law really ought to be that it is illegal to buy from a telemarketer or spammer.
tounge_smile.gif

Apparently they have a series of different recorded messages depending on who they call. Some people are getting a message saying they are scheduled for a manicure or pedicure (press one to confirm and then they get a completely different message). Others say it's to schedule a limo ride.
Everyone said it totally creeped them out.

Just had one of those this morning for the first time. From some service called hey cosmo which, upon further investigation, seems to be a very, very bad use of internet capabilities which will drive us all crazy..
yep,me too. BUT I had already read these posts so knew it was a scam. just hung up.

It is NOT mcdonalds, but you all know that already..
the whole message repeats twice. then at the end they say ... ''Deliver your messages and get a confirmation in 60 seconds or less. Guaranteed. by Heycosmo.com" it's paul from McDonalds dollar menunaire - which is associated with McDonalds
i emailed heycosmo to ask what this is all about and why they are sending these messages to us. i also emailed mcdonalds about it. three more calls this afternoon.
i am guessing it is a stupid promotion by heycosmo .... i can't imagine what else it is.
soooooo annoying and time wasting.

It is NOT mcdonalds, but you all know that already..
the whole message repeats twice. then at the end they say ... ''Deliver your messages and get a confirmation in 60 seconds or less. Guaranteed. by Heycosmo.com" it's paul from McDonalds dollar menunaire - which is associated with McDonalds
i emailed heycosmo to ask what this is all about and why they are sending these messages to us. i also emailed mcdonalds about it. three more calls this afternoon.
i am guessing it is a stupid promotion by heycosmo .... i can't imagine what else it is.
soooooo annoying and time wasting.
I just don't answer the phone. Or if I do and no one speaks within one second of my hello. HANG UP.

Back