Mean townies!!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you guys are a riot! really ... i feel like i'm the new girl at school or something. but these women are in their 40's and 50's! and they wonder why people don't want to join?
i could also do the kitty litter cake complete with poo ...
which is actually little tootsie rolls softened in the microwave. it's a 'trick' on halloween ... more of a prank than a cake although it does taste good if you can get past the YUCK factor.
kittylittercake.jpg
That looks all too real...I love it.... And would put them in their place with those catty remarks... MEOW!

you guys are a riot! really ... i feel like i'm the new girl at school or something. but these women are in their 40's and 50's! and they wonder why people don't want to join?
i could also do the kitty litter cake complete with poo ...
which is actually little tootsie rolls softened in the microwave. it's a 'trick' on halloween ... more of a prank than a cake although it does taste good if you can get past the YUCK factor.
kittylittercake.jpg
That looks all too real...I love it.... And would put them in their place with those catty remarks... MEOW!
copperhead said:
Spot on!
thumbs_up.gif

i was thinking a saucer of milk for the old cats would be appropriate, but your recipe had me rolling on the floorI You've nailed it!

really gross, isn't it? i like jb's idea of the fruit but i priced it and it's just too high right now. maybe when summer comes. will do the mini cheesecakes (although the stale grahams are tempting)
i'll be seeking out some 'nice girls' at the meeting. but, really, if i meet with most of those with an attitude, i'll put my time into something else.

OH! Sorry to hear someone saying something that "stupid". You just wow them and normally they crawl back where they came from....a snake hole.

so i will take the high road. i choose my 'battles' carefully and won't engage. but i admit the mean girls un-nerved me more than i realized. i made the mini cheesecakes and left out a key ingredient. not a success! they are edible but not good so i had to make them again!! what a waste.

so i will take the high road. i choose my 'battles' carefully and won't engage. but i admit the mean girls un-nerved me more than i realized. i made the mini cheesecakes and left out a key ingredient. not a success! they are edible but not good so i had to make them again!! what a waste..
The mean girls are always unnerving. That's the point.

What absolute (******) (you get the idea! I do a fab breakfast but otherwise cannot cook for toffee. you are under no obligation to do anything for people as rude as that! Do what you feel but don't spend more time or effort than you are comfortable with..
you are under no obligation to do anything for people as rude as that! .
I agree. Bring whatever you want and tell them to make a reservation at your place if they really want to see something special. Tell em you don't just give it away.

follow up: i should have brought the graham crackers.
i brought the cheesecakes and one of those three tier stands to set them on. i put them in place and took my seat at the meeting. they were hardly touched!
the food was amazing! there was a fruit platter and some kind of tarts with fresh fruit on it, also a cheesecake, a chocolate cake, cookies, pie (table top with the little hole in the center haha), pudding, ice cream, gummy worms!!!! in cups, and more. someone brought american chop suey (even tho it wa supposed to be desserts) so i had some of that. and enormous strawberries dipped in chocolate. there were other things, too. quite a spread
it was like a big foodie competition or something.
i tried to eat a cookie bar but it smelled funny ... i don't know ... and it was too hard to bite. then i noticed a tin with a christmas bow on it and i bet someone had them in their house all this time!!!!
wink_smile.gif

i sat with some nice people.
but i can see that there are regulars who want to/try to run the show! they sat together frowning and shaking their heads 'no' at suggestions. blech

follow up: i should have brought the graham crackers.
i brought the cheesecakes and one of those three tier stands to set them on. i put them in place and took my seat at the meeting. they were hardly touched!
the food was amazing! there was a fruit platter and some kind of tarts with fresh fruit on it, also a cheesecake, a chocolate cake, cookies, pie (table top with the little hole in the center haha), pudding, ice cream, gummy worms!!!! in cups, and more. someone brought american chop suey (even tho it wa supposed to be desserts) so i had some of that. and enormous strawberries dipped in chocolate. there were other things, too. quite a spread
it was like a big foodie competition or something.
i tried to eat a cookie bar but it smelled funny ... i don't know ... and it was too hard to bite. then i noticed a tin with a christmas bow on it and i bet someone had them in their house all this time!!!!
wink_smile.gif

i sat with some nice people.
but i can see that there are regulars who want to/try to run the show! they sat together frowning and shaking their heads 'no' at suggestions. blech.
but i can see that there are regulars who want to/try to run the show! they sat together frowning and shaking their heads 'no' at suggestions.
Always the case. This story could be made into a "New Adventures of Old Christine" episode.

Back