Media page on your website -

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Copperhead

Reaction score
Do any of you have a page devoted for the media? Maybe not listed anywhere but is there if requested by writers and anyone in the film industry? I am looking to create one and would love to see some samples from anyone willing to share. (you can send me the link via email on this forum).

I know of several inns who do this. I'll look up some links later this evening (read: when I have a few minutes) and put them up.
A very smart thing to do, in fact. List press releases, articles, have a media kit ready to go for folks wanting to write stories about your area.

I just saw one at Big Mill...let me grab that link for you.
website here so you can see where she has it on her website
Media Link here
and a HUGE THANK YOU CH! The reason I was on her site yesterday was looking for what I recalled being a photo of an innkeeper hanging out the laundry!!! I was going to say if you are in a country setting it is a comfort to see linens on the line - like at Big Mill, well that Media link is the photo!

I just saw one at Big Mill...let me grab that link for you.
website here so you can see where she has it on her website
Media Link here
and a HUGE THANK YOU CH! The reason I was on her site yesterday was looking for what I recalled being a photo of an innkeeper hanging out the laundry!!! I was going to say if you are in a country setting it is a comfort to see linens on the line - like at Big Mill, well that Media link is the photo!.
NOw she has a lot to be proud of on that Media page :) Have you stayed there? Looks nice.

No, I had it booked last January and had to cancel. I was just BY THERE a month ago and wanted to stop in but had the mad man with me (Dad). She is an inspiration, she has a place in the middle of nowhere and markets it so well and has such an interesting draw. She is one I wish would blog MORE.

I've created a few. My suggestion is to keep them simple using a few lists if appropriate. A list of links to articles. A list of awards or commendations. Links to hi-res photos and or video. Mainly just links and descriptions of whatever you have to offer for the media. FOr photos or video include details like file size, image dimensions, and formats.
Opinions vary as to whether you want them discoverable. I usually see no harm in letting search engines have access. If you didn't want them to find it, just block it with robots.txt

Thanks all... planning to get started with this in the coming week or two... August - our dead month!

Thanks all... planning to get started with this in the coming week or two... August - our dead month!.
copperhead said:
Thanks all... planning to get started with this in the coming week or two... August - our dead month!
Where are you located Copperhead?
It's 105º and humid here and we're filling up. I don't understand it, because I can't stand to step out of the house.

I know it is usually dead here during august but so far this week we have had 80% occupancy every day and our two family rooms are booked solid for the next 2 weeks! Don't know what is going on as I was looking forward to a rest and catching up on our web site and paperwork!

Back