Meeting Room Prices

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Suzie Q

Reaction score
I had a call the other day. A woman wanted her club to meet here for a couple of hours. I asked her how many and she said 8. I told her I had seating for 6 at my table. I told her I had never done this before and wondered about the legality of serving her the requested coffee and rolls. I could probably bring in a couple of additional chairs that wouldn't match.
I gave her a price for just the meeting room and coffee alone, since I'm not allowed to serve breakfasts to non-guests.
Do any of you do this and what would you suggest for a price? Thanks!

You can take into consideration how many rooms will be affected by your letting out the meeting room We have 2 interconnecting rooms [Room=Hall=Room]; So if i am giving hall to non-occupants of the room, i charge the price of both rooms adjusted to an extra bed price [or 2] & throw in complimentary breakfast.
Ofc, this is how things are done here, in a rather "as the situation demands" manner

You can do this in two ways - on a per head basis and work it out for the cost of the coffee etc plus hassel ratio.
Or you do set room rate plus coffee per head on top so if less come they arn't paying for what wasnt used.
I would check on the state laws on serving as you don't want to get into trouble could they bring their own cookies etc if you wern't covered?

Depending on your state and county licensing laws, you can get into a lot of trouble here. Serving food (or even coffee) to a party not staying in your inn can bump you from being a B&B to being a caterer or (God forbid) a restauranteur.
Find out how strict your local laws are. In absence of that, rule of thumb: if they haven't paid for a bed and a breakfast, then assume that your local and regional laws will make you profoundly miserable if you deviate from the license(s) they have granted you.

Back