Meeting the innmates

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
One of the perks of this forum is on ocassion being able to -in person- meet you! I have it set as a goal of mine to meet you, if you are here for any amount of time, and don't drive me up the wall. (Okay you know me by now, honest as the day is long...so I felt compelled to add that little disclaimer)
I heard through the grapevine an innmate was meeting another from here (both I have known for quite a while) and so I am so excited about this! See this is how I am, excited for others here, I rejoice when you rejoice, and sometimes cry when you cry. But I don't let you know...
In a couple weeks I may have the pleasure of meeting the innmate I have known THE LONGEST. Yes, for the most time, since I became an innkeeper and found a forum of innkeepers (first on about.com) and then this one that Swirt created for us!
I won't say who, I will let you guess...and hopefully the plans shall be firmed up and it will come to fruition! I have attempted to meet this person, but it has always fallen through in the past...
cheers.gif

I hope you get the satisfaction of meeting some of the peeps here from this forum, we really aren't as scary as we sound on here, in fact some are plain adorable! Put it on your to-do list, make an effort, get out there and meet the innmates!

I want to meet you too!!! We were neighbors and not innkeepers and never met, and now we live far away from each other, both innkeepers and want to meet!!!!
We ARE going to list our B&B for sale and move back home and buy another b&b there.
We are going home for our son's wedding in June... do you ever go back home??? Wouldn't that be wild to go back there to meet?!

Even though I'm no longer an innkeeper, there are many folks on this forum that I would love to meet in person and inn-joy their hospitality at their B&B!

I want to meet you too!!! We were neighbors and not innkeepers and never met, and now we live far away from each other, both innkeepers and want to meet!!!!
We ARE going to list our B&B for sale and move back home and buy another b&b there.
We are going home for our son's wedding in June... do you ever go back home??? Wouldn't that be wild to go back there to meet?!.
Sunshine I have lived here nearly as long as there. What is different here? When it rains it pours and it is gone within 24 hours. My grandmother lives in Gig Harbor and is 89. So I will be going back in the near future. My sister lives near Mt Vernon and had a masectomy in September, and my niece is there. So when I go back, it is never for fun reasons now, unfortunately. Now if our very good friend gets married we would be there and so happy to be!
There are innkeeoers on ocassion here on the forum from Pouslbo and Vashon Island. There used to be one from Pt Townsend.
regular_smile.gif

We're meeting an innmate coming up in a few weeks. Fingers crossed she doesn't run screaming when she realizes we really ARE like that!

We're meeting an innmate coming up in a few weeks. Fingers crossed she doesn't run screaming when she realizes we really ARE like that!.
Madeleine said:
We're meeting an innmate coming up in a few weeks. Fingers crossed she doesn't run screaming when she realizes we really ARE like that!
Let's hope it goes well. Just today I was reading the book Jackhammered by Ed Bethune, who was born in my town and went on to become a marine, FBI agent, lawyer, and US congressman. He tells of a B&B he and his wife stayed in on the Isle of Skye in Scotland in the 1980's:
We caught the Caledonian MacBrayne ferryboat, and in less than thirty minutes we were on Skye looking for the B&B opeator we had called earlier to arrange a room for the night.
She, plumpish and red-faced, spotted us and waved us over to a tiny, two-door, beat-up economy car. It would have been a challenge to get in the car if it had been empty, but there were two big dogs in it, barking and jumping from the front seat to the back. We were not surprised because almost every Scot has a dog or two, and they take them everywhere they go, even into the grocery markets.
We had no choice because it was late in the day and we needed a place to sleep. We climbed in with the dogs, the fleshy woman, the smell, and the dog hairs and set off for her place in Armadale. It turned out that the B&B she advertised was nothing more than an extra bedroom in her small house. Lana and I gave each other a familiar look of resignation; it was another chance for us to follow G. K. Chesterton's council: we would rightly consider this inconvenience, thus turning it into an adventure. We managed to sleep, but our adventure ended abruptly at breakfast. Our hostess fed the dogs and us at the same time, their bowls being in the breakfast room. We ate a piece of toast, pulled on our backpacks, bid the dogs and the woman goodbye, and hiked to the Clan Donald Center.

We're meeting an innmate coming up in a few weeks. Fingers crossed she doesn't run screaming when she realizes we really ARE like that!.
Madeleine said:
Let's hope it goes well. Just today I was reading the book Jackhammered by Ed Bethune, who was born in my town and went on to become a marine, FBI agent, lawyer, and US congressman. He tells of a B&B he and his wife stayed in on the Isle of Skye in Scotland in the 1980's:
We caught the Caledonian MacBrayne ferryboat, and in less than thirty minutes we were on Skye looking for the B&B opeator we had called earlier to arrange a room for the night.
She, plumpish and red-faced, spotted us and waved us over to a tiny, two-door, beat-up economy car. It would have been a challenge to get in the car if it had been empty, but there were two big dogs in it, barking and jumping from the front seat to the back. We were not surprised because almost every Scot has a dog or two, and they take them everywhere they go, even into the grocery markets.
We had no choice because it was late in the day and we needed a place to sleep. We climbed in with the dogs, the fleshy woman, the smell, and the dog hairs and set off for her place in Armadale. It turned out that the B&B she advertised was nothing more than an extra bedroom in her small house. Lana and I gave each other a familiar look of resignation; it was another chance for us to follow G. K. Chesterton's council: we would rightly consider this inconvenience, thus turning it into an adventure. We managed to sleep, but our adventure ended abruptly at breakfast. Our hostess fed the dogs and us at the same time, their bowls being in the breakfast room. We ate a piece of toast, pulled on our backpacks, bid the dogs and the woman goodbye, and hiked to the Clan Donald Center.
You know... we're trying to figure out how to get guests from the train station to the inn. Given that most driving guests show up in an SUV, I have my doubts they will ever be able to fit themselves and their bags into my wee, little car. In spite of the 4 doors and wayback with hatch.

Madeleine said:
When the kid gloves come off (and the yellow bonnet)? :)

Madeleine said:
Sounds like the B&B (which is no longer) that had the two terriers in the kitchen behind a half door - leaping and lunching at the door and barking throughout breakfast. For those who think "a dog" in the kitchen mught be a bit freaky, all I could imagine was that terrier x 2 wirey hair going airborne and into my food...
Life is an adventure, that is true.

Madeleine said:
Sounds like the B&B (which is no longer) that had the two terriers in the kitchen behind a half door - leaping and lunching at the door and barking throughout breakfast. For those who think "a dog" in the kitchen mught be a bit freaky, all I could imagine was that terrier x 2 wirey hair going airborne and into my food...
Joey Bloggs said:
Don't get me started on inn pets in the food prep area or in the dining room begging while I'm trying to eat. And the innkeepers just laughing and thinking this is cute. NO, your dog is NOT cute in the dining room. Nor is your cat. Or your birds. Or hamsters. Or any pet that is giving off hair, noise or smell.
And heaven help you if you say anything! 'No one else has ever complained about Barkster.'

Madeleine said:
Joey Bloggs said:
Don't get me started on inn pets in the food prep area or in the dining room begging while I'm trying to eat. And the innkeepers just laughing and thinking this is cute. NO, your dog is NOT cute in the dining room. Nor is your cat. Or your birds. Or hamsters. Or any pet that is giving off hair, noise or smell.
And heaven help you if you say anything! 'No one else has ever complained about Barkster.'
Madeleine said:
Joey Bloggs said:
and no one else's babies are cute. I read that the other day someone said they always had the little old ladies smiling at their babies and toddlers and thought they must really love kids. But in reality they are smiling because theirs are grown.
tounge_smile.gif

I actually like most animals, but not in the kitchen staring at me or barking and jumping.
Now THIS is cute:
92464598568927296_jCqttsM0_f.jpg

125397170844079656_TtzAGfiL_f.jpg

Madeleine said:
Joey Bloggs said:
Madeleine said:
Joey Bloggs said:
and no one else's babies are cute. I read that the other day someone said they always had the little old ladies smiling at their babies and toddlers and thought they must really love kids. But in reality they are smiling because theirs are grown.
tounge_smile.gif

I actually like most animals, but not in the kitchen staring at me or barking and jumping.
Now THIS is cute:

Those are adorable. Even if I saw it running thru the house. As long as it was carryng its teddy bear.

Madeleine said:
Joey Bloggs said:
Madeleine said:
Joey Bloggs said:
tounge_smile.gif

Now THIS is cute:

Those are adorable. Even if I saw it running thru the house. As long as it was carryng its teddy bear.
You could charge extra for the trick mouse/rat. JUST NOT at breakfast! But...If you could teach it to fluff a room for you then you might have something.

Back