Menus for a long term stay.

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought this morning would be a challenge as we had 2 of *the* most difficult countries to please in the dining room. Miracle of miracles, all 6 guests said, 'Whatever you're making is fine with us.' And they ate everything!.
Italy and Japan?

I thought this morning would be a challenge as we had 2 of *the* most difficult countries to please in the dining room. Miracle of miracles, all 6 guests said, 'Whatever you're making is fine with us.' And they ate everything!.
Italy and Japan?
Generic said:
Italy and Japan?
Our experience is Asians eat anything and everything you put in front of them. And Italians (male) eat everything and (female) just want toast. Unless we're having sweets for breakfast. Altho, most just want the bread with nothing done to it, and a pot of jam.
So, no, not them.

Italy and Japan?
Generic said:
Italy and Japan?
Our experience is Asians eat anything and everything you put in front of them. And Italians (male) eat everything and (female) just want toast. Unless we're having sweets for breakfast. Altho, most just want the bread with nothing done to it, and a pot of jam.
So, no, not them.
Our experience... Germans want bread. French, Spanish and Italians want sweet.... but Italian women won't eat anything but sweet. And the French love dunking stuff in their coffee. Some Japanese guests have proven to be picky eaters, we have found.

Italy and Japan?
Generic said:
Italy and Japan?
So, no, not them.
Our experience... Germans want bread. French, Spanish and Italians want sweet.... but Italian women won't eat anything but sweet. And the French love dunking stuff in their coffee. Some Japanese guests have proven to be picky eaters, we have found.
I can say that the one time we made a breakfast casserole with potatoes and tried to serve it to Germans, they absolutely refused to eat it (Make us something else!) and then they dented my car to show how much they disapproved of being served potatoes for breakfast!
I'm a lot older now and less apt to take that kind of colossal rudeness with a smile. McD's is across the street. Don't order the hash browns.

Italy and Japan?
Generic said:
Italy and Japan?
So, no, not them.
I can say that the one time we made a breakfast casserole with potatoes and tried to serve it to Germans, they absolutely refused to eat it (Make us something else!) and then they dented my car to show how much they disapproved of being served potatoes for breakfast!
I'm a lot older now and less apt to take that kind of colossal rudeness with a smile. McD's is across the street. Don't order the hash browns.
Dented your car? Seriously? I would have asked for their insurance to cover that.

Italy and Japan?
Generic said:
Italy and Japan?
So, no, not them.
Dented your car? Seriously? I would have asked for their insurance to cover that.
Generic said:
I didn't realize they had hit it until they left.

Italy and Japan?
Generic said:
Italy and Japan?
So, no, not them.
Generic said:
I might have asked if they would like to have the repair charged to their credit card, or if they prefer for me to file a police report for vandalism.

Italy and Japan?
Generic said:
Italy and Japan?
So, no, not them.
Generic said:
I might have asked if they would like to have the repair charged to their credit card, or if they prefer for me to file a police report for vandalism.
Generic said:
It was still dented years later when we traded it in for Gomez's new car.

I put the same basics out every morning, buffet style, and it's quite a selection. If they want something special, with the exception of an omelet or because of dietary restrictions they can request ahead, and pay extra. I will say I've had some fun cooking( without extra charges) for long term guests from China.I love to cook that style, and surprised them with "Hot Pot" for breakfast one morning. They were delighted; taking pictures and sending to their friends back home. Made me feel great.

I put the same basics out every morning, buffet style, and it's quite a selection. If they want something special, with the exception of an omelet or because of dietary restrictions they can request ahead, and pay extra. I will say I've had some fun cooking( without extra charges) for long term guests from China.I love to cook that style, and surprised them with "Hot Pot" for breakfast one morning. They were delighted; taking pictures and sending to their friends back home. Made me feel great..
That sounds wonderful. :)

I put the same basics out every morning, buffet style, and it's quite a selection. If they want something special, with the exception of an omelet or because of dietary restrictions they can request ahead, and pay extra. I will say I've had some fun cooking( without extra charges) for long term guests from China.I love to cook that style, and surprised them with "Hot Pot" for breakfast one morning. They were delighted; taking pictures and sending to their friends back home. Made me feel great..
That sounds wonderful. :)
Thank you. It was fun!

Back