Mer chant Ser vices will save me money

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gillumhouse

Reaction score
...is show him your current processor statement. That is what I was told yesterday by mer chant ser vices. It is going to be a short meeting because my statement is none of his biz!! I look at whatever I would be told as just another "introductory offer" (DH hit it on the head just now, bless his heart) and then the other show will drop with the changes in charges and fees. They are all after as much of my money as they can get their hands on.
It DID do something for me though. Last night I put the Christmas ornaments in the tub and this morning pushed it up the stairs - only 2 wreaths left! Then I have to rearrange the jusnk room - again - to get the tub back in. I have decided I am too old to push it up the ladder into the attic - and worse, pull it down the ladder in December without it knocking me off the ricketty ladder.

What the heck are you talking about? WHO do you have to show your processing statement to?

I have no idea what you are talking about.
help.gif

Mer chant Serv ices called yesterday and dinked in when I was talking to my sister. Caught me at a weak moment so today one of their reps is coming to show me how they can save me money with the new regs that are going into effect, etc. All I have to do is show the rep a copy of my current processor statement and he will tell me how much he can save me ($$). That will just show how much they can jack me to - or more.
I am sick & tired of everyone offering to "help" me - help themselves to my wallet most likely. It is what it is.

Seriously there is a SUBJECT LINE on every new thread/post. "All you have to do..." Doesn't cut the mustard. Plop that into the subject line. If everyone could type in a subject title pertaining to the subject it would be better all round.
Please I BEG YOU TO DO THIS. ON EVERY TOPIC. BnB for vets posted yesterday "This is what I hoped for"

Kathleen, is this your merchant service company or just one that called you out of the blue???? Why have they been invited over? Don't ever give any information to some company that cold calls you.
On the other hand, it is possible that a different merchant services company can save you money, but please make sure it's you that contacts them because you've gotten a reference from someone. When showing them a copy of your statement, give them a copy of one where you have blocked out all your information, including your merchant number,etc. All they need to see is what kind of charges you do in a month.

Kathleen, is this your merchant service company or just one that called you out of the blue???? Why have they been invited over? Don't ever give any information to some company that cold calls you.
On the other hand, it is possible that a different merchant services company can save you money, but please make sure it's you that contacts them because you've gotten a reference from someone. When showing them a copy of your statement, give them a copy of one where you have blocked out all your information, including your merchant number,etc. All they need to see is what kind of charges you do in a month..
I had no intention of showing anything. It was a cold call. The guy was acrocc the street talking to the funeral home before he was to come here (per the cold call yesterday). The kid came in, sat down, and I proceeded to tell him I had no intention of changing companies. That they all give what is to me an "introductory rate" until they start moving them up again. He said they are not a bank or I forget what he called it. And the cold call had the audacity to tell me I was set up a retail when I know I am lodging. DH was surprised how quickly it was over.
Quite honestly, I do not care who they are. They are all out to take as much as they can - and will. I see no reason to go through reprogramming (provided they will even USE my current machine), getting one company out of my bank account and putting another one in. It is going to be painfull enough when I cave to DH and change banks - doing all the above but I know the machine will be usable and I will have the devil I know. I will change banks when DH agrees to what I want to do for the roof. He has to feel like he is in control - yes, it IS my business but that does not compute in some minds unless it is convenient to have it be so.

On the other hand, it is possible that a different merchant services company can save you money, but please make sure it's you that contacts them because you've gotten a reference from someone. When showing them a copy of your statement, give them a copy of one where you have blocked out all your information, including your merchant number,etc. All they need to see is what kind of charges you do in a month..
We've had I don't know how many people say they can lower our rates who have never even called back after we've faxed in the data with all the account info blanked out. Several have called incessantly saying they are going to save us $7/month why aren't we jumping at the chance?
Now we just say we're happy with our provider and no, we won't be faxing anything or opening the door to anyone, thank you very much.
However, just talking with a another innkeeper yesterday who is averaging 6% discount rate, I told him a few places to call. THAT is an absurd amount.

We've had I don't know how many people say they can lower our rates who have never even called back after we've faxed in the data with all the account info blanked out. Several have called incessantly saying they are going to save us $7/month why aren't we jumping at the chance?
Now we just say we're happy with our provider and no, we won't be faxing anything or opening the door to anyone, thank you very much.
However, just talking with a another innkeeper yesterday who is averaging 6% discount rate, I told him a few places to call. THAT is an absurd amount.
Nowhere near that! 6%???? Even I know that is ridiculous!!

Tell them "I will show you my business statements when you show me your business statements"! "I just want to make sure you are a viable company before signing up with you"!

Back