Merchant Circle

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Tipsy Butler

Reaction score
I'm probably preaching to the choir here, but I recently became aware of our listing on Merchant Circle .... and then further aware of some mistakes, found a great review and finally was disturbed by their "people who viewed you also viewed" pop up.
I checked out a couple of other B&Bs from the forum ...... JBJ you have a great review.
For me - typing in our name and the state brought us up in the wrong location with no reviews.
Typing in our name and the correct town brought up a review I hadn't been aware of
Lastly - the "people who viewed you also viewed" link that appeared was as follows:
Tucson Pole Fitness
5_0_sm.gif

We Offer Pole Fitness Classes, Lap Dance Strip Tease, and Chair Dance Aerobics
Not sure what that says about us .... not sure I want to know.

Never even heard of this site before. Wonder if anyone uses it? The listings for our town are out of date.

Slight change of subject....are you still in maine? Has the inn closed? have you decided what you will be doing or going???? Just want to wish you all the best:)

I think this is the company that I get automated phone calls from saying something like "A customer has just reviewed your business on MerchantCircle,com. Login to MerchantCircle,com to see what they have said." Of course you go there and it says nothing LOL

tipsy, i just looked at your listing there, and different searches came up so it will probably change. on my screen, the searches to the side are tiny and have nothing to do with you ... not to worry.
i put a listing of my place there back three years ago when i first found myself on it. you are right, the info was wrong so i thought it best to correct it. so there is a correct listing but they STILL show my place in warren which is totally erroneous and there is no such place there. not with my phone number! but i would get calls, and the caller would yell at me that 'yes, you are in warren!' uh, no.

swirt, yes ... i would get those calls and would not go in and do anything with the listing. i doubt very much a websurfer contacted merchant circle to ask if it was a legitimate business ... that was what the messages said.
catlady ... hello ... i have left the inn. it is closed for the season. i accepted a payment up front to handle reservations over the winter unless and until someone takes over. (because i need the income) and i am at a relative's home doing a 'clean house' thing on one of her rooms. it has taken five days to make just a pathway in the room, and i get discouraged. but i go in each day and make a little progress. the biggest challenge is that i can't just bring it all to the dump. all must be sorted. some treasure, some necessary documents, some things she needs are in with the 'trash'
i am considering different options after that.
sorry to take over this thread.

swirt, yes ... i would get those calls and would not go in and do anything with the listing. i doubt very much a websurfer contacted merchant circle to ask if it was a legitimate business ... that was what the messages said.
catlady ... hello ... i have left the inn. it is closed for the season. i accepted a payment up front to handle reservations over the winter unless and until someone takes over. (because i need the income) and i am at a relative's home doing a 'clean house' thing on one of her rooms. it has taken five days to make just a pathway in the room, and i get discouraged. but i go in each day and make a little progress. the biggest challenge is that i can't just bring it all to the dump. all must be sorted. some treasure, some necessary documents, some things she needs are in with the 'trash'
i am considering different options after that.
sorry to take over this thread..
No..that's ok. i am glad you updated us. I am sure others were concerned about you as well. Take care:)

Never even heard of this site before. Wonder if anyone uses it? The listings for our town are out of date..
catlady said:
Never even heard of this site before. Wonder if anyone uses it? The listings for our town are out of date.
I would hope no one uses it...I get their emails all the time. Went out and checked and they show a link to the side that has my inn name and 'blog' and they are purproting to be THE blog for my place. 'Find specials here and more!'

Oh that is the latest physical fitness thing around here..."pole dancing" RIGHT!!!! I actually was channel surfing last night and on BRAVO..the wives of atlanta or whatever that is...had a pole dancer come and teach them...give me a break...someone has way too much time on their hands. I am lucky if I could slide down a firepole if I had too.
cheers.gif

Oh that is the latest physical fitness thing around here..."pole dancing" RIGHT!!!! I actually was channel surfing last night and on BRAVO..the wives of atlanta or whatever that is...had a pole dancer come and teach them...give me a break...someone has way too much time on their hands. I am lucky if I could slide down a firepole if I had too.
cheers.gif
LOL it will be interesting to see what the ads on the side of this site become after all this talk of pole dancing ;)

Back