Message from Copperhead

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gillumhouse

Reaction score
The following is a message I received from Copperhead - as written to ensure it was as sent and not messed up with editing.

He's singing voice for this message there may not be punctuation period and forgive any crazy wording as you know how boys works period okay thank you so much for the email we are fine house made it very well no trees no anything wrong same with our sun period we did We did have issues with power We have no power I don't know what the national news is saying but there were a million people without power after the storm we are in that number major power grid bringing power from the plant into this region was heavily damaged they are working around the clock to repair we traveled up to Mississippi to get some service so that I can send this message to you and others period please add my information to in spring if you would I go back copperhead on there and I appreciate your thinking about me take care and I'll be back in touch homie Rebecca move my phone

I thought about them. Thanks for the update. I received a reservation this morning for Saturday night, a woman and her daughter from New Orleans, stopping here for the night en route to points north.

I'm about 70% done renovating a building a block from my inn, and it will have 1 suite that's part of my inn. I've installed solar panels on the roof, and plan to put in Tesla Powerwalls when I can afford them, so I can have power when the electric utility is down.

The way things are headed, there will be more and more of these disasters as time goes on. Best to be prepared. I guess money is the reason states don't require power lines to be buried underground...but we might eventually have to do that, and pay whatever the cost.

We had a gas line installed about 7 years ago. It took the drill about an hour to go one foot—solid granite. Definitely would not be getting underground electric lines! Even tho everything else is underground the electric utility won’t pay for that drill.

...the electric utility won’t pay for that drill.
It's the customers who would pay, of course. Enough times with power off for 2 weeks and they'll think it's a bargain!

Copperhead is still without power and cell service. They have to leave the house - do not know how far they have to go - to get cell. They try to not go any more than absolutely necessary as gas is hard to find right now. We WERE able to get her RezKey disabled - she had no way to acknowledge anything that came in OR ge into it to do it. Within hours of me messaging them, they had it disabled for her. As we tell folks, great service from them. I will keep everyone posted as she updates me until SHE can update herself.

Copperhead is still without power and cell service. They have to leave the house - do not know how far they have to go - to get cell. They try to not go any more than absolutely necessary as gas is hard to find right now. We WERE able to get her RezKey disabled - she had no way to acknowledge anything that came in OR ge into it to do it. Within hours of me messaging them, they had it disabled for her. As we tell folks, great service from them. I will keep everyone posted as she updates me until SHE can update herself.
Thanks for keeping us posted on Copperhead.

Thank you for helping her!

Back