Microfiber for chairs?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morticia

Reaction score
Does anyone have microfiber-covered chairs in guest areas? What I'd like to know is how well do they hold up? Does the fabric stretch out? Does it clean up well? (How about for your own family? Any experience here?)
I think we found our chairs! I'm not crazy about microfiber, but the chairs themselves are perfectly-sized for the spot where they will go. I figured I could recover the seat cushion in a coordinating fabric if it gets stained or stretched out.

I had a microfiber loveseat in a suite that held up just beautifully. Cleaned really well and super easy to maintain just by wiping every now and then.

I had a microfiber loveseat in a suite that held up just beautifully. Cleaned really well and super easy to maintain just by wiping every now and then..
Thanks. I really wanted a patterend fabric, but these are a solid chocolate that goes perfectly with the new colors. I may even look at a new sofa when I go back to order them.

we don't have microfiber in guest rooms but our daily use personal chairs are microfiber morris chairs from barcalounger (in sage green). We love the microfiber. We've used them heavily for 4 years now and the fabric still looks brand new. First day we had them DW spilled red wine on hers. It wiped up with nothing more than paper towel. The fabric is pretty incredible as far as I am concerned.
We bought a glider 2 years ago that also has microfiber on it (a lesser company in terms of quality) and it has held up equally well despite being a much lighter color (more cream-like) .
Keep in mind we have a lab, 2 cats and a 15 month old. I would never hesitate on microfiber if the look works for you.
The only drawback i have found on the microfiber is if you have cats or a fine haired dog... the microfiber can act a little bit like a lint brush and collect the cat hair ... nothing a bit of tape won't remove ... but that would be my only hesitation.

we don't have microfiber in guest rooms but our daily use personal chairs are microfiber morris chairs from barcalounger (in sage green). We love the microfiber. We've used them heavily for 4 years now and the fabric still looks brand new. First day we had them DW spilled red wine on hers. It wiped up with nothing more than paper towel. The fabric is pretty incredible as far as I am concerned.
We bought a glider 2 years ago that also has microfiber on it (a lesser company in terms of quality) and it has held up equally well despite being a much lighter color (more cream-like) .
Keep in mind we have a lab, 2 cats and a 15 month old. I would never hesitate on microfiber if the look works for you.
The only drawback i have found on the microfiber is if you have cats or a fine haired dog... the microfiber can act a little bit like a lint brush and collect the cat hair ... nothing a bit of tape won't remove ... but that would be my only hesitation..
Good usage! I don't think I'm getting a high quality chair here, just 'ocassional' seating. I asked because a family member got a microfiber couch from this same store and it looked awful in about a month. The fabric was stretched out, it was filthy and basically looked like they'd had it for 10 years. (2 kids, 1 dog, 2 cats)
My dog tends not to go where these pieces will be placed, so not worried about her fur collecting on it. Good to know it comes off easily, tho, as we have to bring the chairs home in the car! We'll wrap them, but the car is pretty loaded with dog fur.

The only drawback i have found on the microfiber is if you have cats or a fine haired dog... the microfiber can act a little bit like a lint brush and collect the cat hair ... nothing a bit of tape won't remove ... but that would be my only hesitation..
Good usage! I don't think I'm getting a high quality chair here, just 'ocassional' seating. I asked because a family member got a microfiber couch from this same store and it looked awful in about a month. The fabric was stretched out, it was filthy and basically looked like they'd had it for 10 years. (2 kids, 1 dog, 2 cats)
My dog tends not to go where these pieces will be placed, so not worried about her fur collecting on it. Good to know it comes off easily, tho, as we have to bring the chairs home in the car! We'll wrap them, but the car is pretty loaded with dog fur.
So I guess like any coverings, all microfibers are not created equal.

I love the look and feel of microfiber. When I have to replace my sofa that's what I'll replace it with.

Back