Migrating from SuperInn to Rezovation GT

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rpwiki

Reaction score
Hi All,
We've owned our Inn for three months (yay) and are at the point where we need to re-evaluate out reservation system. Our Inn came with SuperInn, which is not working for us for many reasons (mostly time to perform tasks and the lack of connectivity with a payment gateway and Quickbooks). We intend to make a switch to Rezovation GT. However, we're interested in hearing from ANYONE who has had to migrate data from SuperInn to any other reservation system? There is no data export function, and we are wondering how people addressed the challenge of migrating future data across, still taking reservations and having the new engine go-live with up to date information?! Does anyone do this for a living? Argh!

I did this and it can be smooth if and only if you have never put a carriage return inside of guest notes on super inn.
Also the only data importable is contact info. So you loose reservation history as far as who stayed when.
All that being said, it is Sooo much easier to use rezovation gt.
Rezovation may have developed some dedicated import routines to migrate from superinn to RGT. Not sure, but they would be really smart if they did.

I did this and it can be smooth if and only if you have never put a carriage return inside of guest notes on super inn.
Also the only data importable is contact info. So you loose reservation history as far as who stayed when.
Rezovation may have developed some dedicated import routines to migrate from superinn to RGT. Not sure, but they would be really smart if they did..
We tried to build a universal data importer a while back and found it to be challenging at best. The biggest issue is what data can be had from existing systems. Rezo itself enables pretty robust exporting of data - it is all in a standard SQL DB - but not many systems do.
Can past reservation data even be exported from Superinn?
If you can send me a file with anything/everything you can get from Superinn I'll take a look and see what we can do.

Rezovation may have developed some dedicated import routines to migrate from superinn to RGT. Not sure, but they would be really smart if they did..
swirt said:
I Rezovation may have developed some dedicated import routines to migrate from superinn to RGT. Not sure, but they would be really smart if they did.
They don't have it for Webervations, either. It seems to me like the plan is never to be able to import past reservations, only contact data, from my conversation with the product manager at the PAII conference in March. Which makes it not nearly as useful, IMO. That has kept me from seriously considering a move to any of the Rezovation products.

Interested in knowing more about the impact of the carriage return and who you managed this. Yes, our life will be dramtically easier with Rezo GT!

Thanks all. We had a long discussion Sunday night about past reservations and figured that at least we have the contact information for all our past guests and we have some "new Innkeeper capital" to burn. We also reasoned that IF we had started the Inn new, we would not have chosen Superinn as our preferred property management system and that the reasons we are choosing to switch still outweigh the total (and I mean total) hassle of changing property management systems!
Currently there is no way to export reservation data (legacy or future) from Superinn. What I am thinking of doing is (a) getting Rezo GT up and running in parallel with Superinn; (b) having someone manually enter in Reservation information for 2010 (from say May onwards) into Rezo (luckily our data only goes so far as Dec 31, 2010 and we haven't filled up past Oct much yet so only June - Sep are data intensive); (c) have new reservations double entered in Superinn and Rezo GT while the transfer is occuring; (d) at the point where both systems are mirrored I then switch "off" Superinn and switch "on" Rezo GT (including the Intuit payment portal); (e) pour a gin and tonic and hope that it works!
This is about the only way I can see of migrating the data across without an export function from Superinn. I could import the contact list, but without anyway to link those names to reservations it seems redundant (other than my mailchimp mailing list will be awesome). If I am missing something please let me know!

Thanks all. We had a long discussion Sunday night about past reservations and figured that at least we have the contact information for all our past guests and we have some "new Innkeeper capital" to burn. We also reasoned that IF we had started the Inn new, we would not have chosen Superinn as our preferred property management system and that the reasons we are choosing to switch still outweigh the total (and I mean total) hassle of changing property management systems!
Currently there is no way to export reservation data (legacy or future) from Superinn. What I am thinking of doing is (a) getting Rezo GT up and running in parallel with Superinn; (b) having someone manually enter in Reservation information for 2010 (from say May onwards) into Rezo (luckily our data only goes so far as Dec 31, 2010 and we haven't filled up past Oct much yet so only June - Sep are data intensive); (c) have new reservations double entered in Superinn and Rezo GT while the transfer is occuring; (d) at the point where both systems are mirrored I then switch "off" Superinn and switch "on" Rezo GT (including the Intuit payment portal); (e) pour a gin and tonic and hope that it works!
This is about the only way I can see of migrating the data across without an export function from Superinn. I could import the contact list, but without anyway to link those names to reservations it seems redundant (other than my mailchimp mailing list will be awesome). If I am missing something please let me know!.
rpwiki said:
What I am thinking of doing is (a) getting Rezo GT up and running in parallel with Superinn; (b) having someone manually enter in Reservation information for 2010 (from say May onwards) into Rezo (luckily our data only goes so far as Dec 31, 2010 and we haven't filled up past Oct much yet so only June - Sep are data intensive); (c) have new reservations double entered in Superinn and Rezo GT while the transfer is occuring; (d) at the point where both systems are mirrored I then switch "off" Superinn and switch "on" Rezo GT (including the Intuit payment portal); (e) pour a gin and tonic and hope that it works!
Sounds so crazy it just might work :)

This is about the only way I can see of migrating the data across without an export function from Superinn. I could import the contact list, but without anyway to link those names to reservations it seems redundant (other than my mailchimp mailing list will be awesome). If I am missing something please let me know!.
rpwiki said:
(e) pour a gin and tonic and hope that it works!
I actually think that, as labor intensive as your plan is, it ought to work if you are careful and double-check everything.
I especially vote for double-checking the gin and tonic at the end. You'll all deserve a toast for getting it right.
Good luck and let us know how it goes. And welcome to the forum!

Back