Mini-Monkey Breads

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Proud Texan

Reaction score
Found this while surfing the web and thought I'd share.
[COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 0)] MINI MONKEY BREADS[/COLOR][/h2]
12 Rhodes Dinner rolls thawed, but still cold
1 stick of butter, melted
2 tablespoons corn syrup
1 1/4 cups brown sugar
2 teaspoons cinnamon
Icing: I doubled this.
1 cup powdered sugar
1 tablespoon butter, melted
1-2 tablespoons milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
Cut each dinner roll into 6 equal pieces. In a bowl, combine butter and corn syrup and stir until well mixed. In another bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon and mix well. Dip each roll piece in the butter mixture and then in the sugar mixture. Place 6 pieces in each well sprayed cup of a 12 cup muffin tin. Cover with sprayed plastic wrap and let double in size. (Watch them so they don’t rise too much!) Remove wrap and bake at 350°F 15-20 minutes. Combine icing ingredients and mix well. Drizzle over monkey breads if desired.
Cool at least 5 to 10 minutes before removing from pan, or they fall apart.

I had some Monkey Bread the other day at a meeting I was attending...the lady serving it put some cream cheese in with the bread. It was a really nice touch. I had never had it with that before. I enjoyed a small piece :)

My mom does one like this only she puts in a package of butterscotch pudding somewhere. I'll have to ask her what her formula is, as it's more "method" than "recipe"...sounds familiar!

I do the butterscotch pudding version. It's a different end product, but I really like being able to let it rise in the fridge overnight.

What is a Rhodes dinner roll? (sorry!!)
Is it baked or not baked? Frozen?
Don't think we have them in GA

Don't think we have them in GA.
I haven't seen that brand in GA either, AG . You can use any brand of the frozen regular dinner rolls and they would work, I think. Sister Shubert's brand are probably too buttery already. I love that brand that I have found in GA!

I haven't seen that brand in GA either, AG . You can use any brand of the frozen regular dinner rolls and they would work, I think. Sister Shubert's brand are probably too buttery already. I love that brand that I have found in GA!

when you say you doubled this....
1 cup powdered sugar
1-2 tablespoons milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
Double the measurements provided?.......or you already did and we just follow as written?

It's a self-rising yeast dinner roll. You need to use a yeast roll or otherwise, you're going to get something akin to cinnamon flavor biscuits without the volume.

when you say you doubled this....
1 cup powdered sugar
1-2 tablespoons milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
Double the measurements provided?.......or you already did and we just follow as written?.
The original author of the receipe said this. I just copied it verbatim. I would assume "double" means "double" You might try making it as is and if you don't have enough glaze, then do it again.

Back