Miss Manners, Ann Landers & your mother tell you how to stay at a B&B

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And just as we are trying to get more people to book online, (www.innspiring.com/node/7947 )they come out with this as a benefit of a B&B:
4. Personalized Reservations: Take advantage of the personal service B&Bs want to offer you and ask about amenities, the inn and the area when making your reservation. B&Bs do not have 24-hour reservation offices. If you are making your reservation by phone, call during hours that you wouldn't mind being called yourself and be mindful of time zone differences.

And just as we are trying to get more people to book online, (www.innspiring.com/node/7947 )they come out with this as a benefit of a B&B:
4. Personalized Reservations: Take advantage of the personal service B&Bs want to offer you and ask about amenities, the inn and the area when making your reservation. B&Bs do not have 24-hour reservation offices. If you are making your reservation by phone, call during hours that you wouldn't mind being called yourself and be mindful of time zone differences.
Blech! Yes, we do personalization, but we make it easy for you to do it yourself, even in the middle of the night, if you want!!!

You can personalize your vacation booking online as well. Just tick the little box next to the add on you want. It's too bad that wasn't brought up, but I still don't mind when guests call.

I hear what you all are saying, but I think it's fine that they say this. Yes, I DO want online reservations. But the personal touch and personal service IS what we sell, and being able to talk to a real person who'll actually take a moment talk nice to you when you book a room is something that's important for SOME people. I'm just glad they added the part about no 24-hour desk and watch the time zones!!

Overall the tips are helpful to both sides of the equation. I appreciate them being sent out.

Back