Missing Hangers

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JunieBJones (JBJ)

Reaction score
To re-ignite an old old thread from way back yonder - what a surprise to find 4 of my wood hangers missing from small-man hotel guests from last weekend!
On the upnote tho guests had used the little books for "things you discovered" during your stay. A special road with an amazing view, a restaurant with the best pizza crust and another event.

That is why I get my wood hangers at Big Lots. So far - none taken. They keep leaving their lousy wire hangers though.

Yeah I get a lot of wire hangers here too that they leave behind. Fortunatly they can be recycled here with the scrap metal.

Dispose of wire hangers and replace them with wood ones. If this is a problem for you, I just don't see it.

There was a suggestion on another forum to add a label to the hangers, like a pre-printed address label with the Inn name on it. I haven't personally tried it. I know I have to replenish my supply every once in a while but it's not too onerous.

That is why I get my wood hangers at Big Lots. So far - none taken. They keep leaving their lousy wire hangers though..
Good to know about Big lots.... haven't visited one of those in a few years... next trip to the city I'll have to stop by to see what they've got

There was a suggestion on another forum to add a label to the hangers, like a pre-printed address label with the Inn name on it. I haven't personally tried it. I know I have to replenish my supply every once in a while but it's not too onerous..
The PO hole-punched a business card and put those on the hangers with a ribbon. I like the idea about an address label, too.

There was a suggestion on another forum to add a label to the hangers, like a pre-printed address label with the Inn name on it. I haven't personally tried it. I know I have to replenish my supply every once in a while but it's not too onerous..
Sometimes tying a simple bow on the hanger helps as well. Guests see it and really have to be in the mood to steal things to take off with decorated hangers they know are not their own.
The only hanger I would miss is one with a really old 25 cent price tag on it. I've grown fond of that one for some reason.

could be they packed up what they assumed were theirs. could be they took 'just a few' thinking you wouldn't miss them.
i agree, i really don't like it when the nice hangars are gone and the dry cleaning wires are left in their place. yuck.

Dispose of wire hangers and replace them with wood ones. If this is a problem for you, I just don't see it..
trishany said:
Dispose of wire hangers and replace them with wood ones. If this is a problem for you, I just don't see it.
Don't you read the whole thread before you reply??! JBJ was saying someone TOOK her wood hangers and left the metal ones...

You should install those sensors like the big department stores use so that when ever one of your wood hangers leaves the premises, an alarm would go off! It would only cost several thousand dollars to install, but you would still have your wood hangers!
tounge_smile.gif

You should install those sensors like the big department stores use so that when ever one of your wood hangers leaves the premises, an alarm would go off! It would only cost several thousand dollars to install, but you would still have your wood hangers!
tounge_smile.gif
Proud Texan said:
tounge_smile.gif
Sounds like this forum on certain days. Dh was mentioning someone at work who just lost it over something small and I reminded him that perhaps it was the compilation of many many things, that was just the last straw! I see that on here - it is not a big deal to take the hangers, it is the end of a bad weekend of guests - so OF COURSE they stole the hangers! ha ha

Back