Missing in action

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lee2014

Reaction score
Has anyone heard from Arks? I don't want to call out the FBI, to have them track him down to a sunny island and ruin his winter vacation when they haul him back for questioning.
wink_smile.gif

Am taking the car next Monday on it's first big road trip, a 1000 mile loop that will require some brief stops at the Tesla superchargers spread around this part of the country. I'm headed first to Nashville for the AIHP innkeeping conference, then up to Louisville, Kentucky and on over to St. Louis before heading home next Friday.
Not counting hotels and food, it's a free trip since recharging is free at the superchargers. The car will drive itself for most of the route, though I plan to stay awake in case it tries to stop at an Olive Garden or something. ;-)

Am taking the car next Monday on it's first big road trip, a 1000 mile loop that will require some brief stops at the Tesla superchargers spread around this part of the country. I'm headed first to Nashville for the AIHP innkeeping conference, then up to Louisville, Kentucky and on over to St. Louis before heading home next Friday.
Not counting hotels and food, it's a free trip since recharging is free at the superchargers. The car will drive itself for most of the route, though I plan to stay awake in case it tries to stop at an Olive Garden or something. ;-).
Remember to keep us all posted on what is going on!
wink_smile.gif

Not counting hotels and food, it's a free trip since recharging is free at the superchargers. The car will drive itself for most of the route, though I plan to stay awake in case it tries to stop at an Olive Garden or something. ;-).
wink_smile.gif

Duff2014 said:
wink_smile.gif
Will do, if they have Internet in Tennessee.
(We in Arkansas pick on Tennessee when we get tired of picking on Mississippi.)

wink_smile.gif

Duff2014 said:
wink_smile.gif
Arks said:
Duff2014 said:
wink_smile.gif
If your state is so great, WHY is the conference in Tennessee?!?!?!!??!!!!
wink_smile.gif

Nope, haven't seen him..
Hmm… I wonder where he can be?!? With that fancy new car of his, he's would be seen near a destination that has one unless he flew.
shades_smile.gif

And we DO have one in Shinnston (hint, hint to Arks)
gillumhouse said:
Someday! We'll see how this shorter road trip goes.
Have a Tesla in the driveway right now! Woohoo!

Nope, haven't seen him..
Hmm… I wonder where he can be?!? With that fancy new car of his, he's would be seen near a destination that has one unless he flew.
shades_smile.gif

gillumhouse said:
Someday! We'll see how this shorter road trip goes.
gillumhouse said:
thumbs_up.gif

Checked in to the convention hotel at 5 this evening, registered and got my tote bag and name tag. So I'm official now. Spending the evening drinking wine and planning what lectures I'll attend. The exhibitor marketplace has 59 booths, which is more than PAII had the time I attended their meeting.

Checked in to the convention hotel at 5 this evening, registered and got my tote bag and name tag. So I'm official now. Spending the evening drinking wine and planning what lectures I'll attend. The exhibitor marketplace has 59 booths, which is more than PAII had the time I attended their meeting..
Just remember to tell ten people each day about InnRewards.com and we won't give you too much of a hard time about running off on us!
wink_smile.gif
So how was the trip with Tessie? Ready to brave it and make the dash to the East Shore?!?

Checked in to the convention hotel at 5 this evening, registered and got my tote bag and name tag. So I'm official now. Spending the evening drinking wine and planning what lectures I'll attend. The exhibitor marketplace has 59 booths, which is more than PAII had the time I attended their meeting..
Just remember to tell ten people each day about InnRewards.com and we won't give you too much of a hard time about running off on us!
wink_smile.gif
So how was the trip with Tessie? Ready to brave it and make the dash to the East Shore?!?
Duff2014 said:
So how was the trip with Tessie?
Really good trip. My first time to go so far from home and having to charge en route. It's my first time to charge at a Tesla supercharger. I stopped in Memphis at a Nissan dealership to use their high speed charger. (There is no Tesla supercharger near me. Innkeep loaned me her $450 adapter that lets the Tesla charge at a Nissan CHAdeMO high power charger)
They (Nissan) were very friendly about letting another brand car charge free at their charger. Tesla hasn't yet installed a supercharger in Memphis. I charged 30 miles more range than I calculated I'd need to reach the Nashville supercharger, and when I arrived at the charger I had exactly 30 miles range left on the car. Perfect. And that's driving 70 most of the way, with the A/C at my comfort level. So I'm very pleased!
But I want to talk about this conference. I'm blown away by the number of classes they offer, and the GREAT topics. I wish I could go to all of them. A lot of the classes are just 45 minutes long, meaning you can attend several each day. But I still had cases where I had to pick one among 4 I'd like to attend. They have 4 or 5 going at the same time, sometimes.
Lots of classes on websites, Facebook, Google, of course. But also on how to make towels fluffier. How to make beds the right way. How to cut food costs. How to make your breakfast a major selling point. Lots of things I'd love to attend if I had time. I'm definitely attending one given by the guys at Jumping Rocks. And how to create and price packages.
There are also classes on how to prepare your inn for sale, and how to attract buyers. And LOTS of classes for aspiring innkeepers. I expect to learn things here that will easily pay the cost of attending. It's a shame nobody else from Innspiring attended.

wink_smile.gif
Duff2014 said:
Really good trip. My first time to go so far from home and having to charge en route. It's my first time to charge at a Tesla supercharger. I stopped in Memphis at a Nissan dealership to use their high speed charger. (There is no Tesla supercharger near me. Innkeep loaned me her $450 adapter that lets the Tesla charge at a Nissan CHAdeMO high power charger)
They (Nissan) were very friendly about letting another brand car charge free at their charger. Tesla hasn't yet installed a supercharger in Memphis. I charged 30 miles more range than I calculated I'd need to reach the Nashville supercharger, and when I arrived at the charger I had exactly 30 miles range left on the car. Perfect. And that's driving 70 most of the way, with the A/C at my comfort level. So I'm very pleased!
But I want to talk about this conference. I'm blown away by the number of classes they offer, and the GREAT topics. I wish I could go to all of them. A lot of the classes are just 45 minutes long, meaning you can attend several each day. But I still had cases where I had to pick one among 4 I'd like to attend. They have 4 or 5 going at the same time, sometimes.
Lots of classes on websites, Facebook, Google, of course. But also on how to make towels fluffier. How to make beds the right way. How to cut food costs. How to make your breakfast a major selling point. Lots of things I'd love to attend if I had time. I'm definitely attending one given by the guys at Jumping Rocks. And how to create and price packages.
There are also classes on how to prepare your inn for sale, and how to attract buyers. And LOTS of classes for aspiring innkeepers. I expect to learn things here that will easily pay the cost of attending. It's a shame nobody else from Innspiring attended.
It is a real shame that their website was down the couple times I tried to get a look at it. It looks like you will be doing a lots of posting in the next couple weeks in passing on your new found knowledge to all of us poor souls.
Yes, you are the sole representation of Innspiring there this week (that we know of). That is quite a load to bear, but we are totally confident that you will not let us all down, but will be a good example and proudly promote our websites to those who are not aware of such wonderful places for innkeepers. But then you might get distracted and not meet new friends if we were all there.
I am very proud of Innkeep for letting you use her adapter. I know you will take good care of it and return it to her in good time so she can arrive safely out here with her vehicle. A gathering that you will miss out on this time…

wink_smile.gif
Duff2014 said:
Just wish some of the seminars could be distributed online. Would happily pay an access fee for that. Sounds like well worth attending though too far for us. And our season seems to be ramping up.
Thanks for sharing whatever you have time to share!

They said they're broadcasting a lot of it live on their Facebook page.

Next year's AIHP meeting will be held on The Queen Mary docked in Long Beach California! Jan. 31 and first couple of days of February 2017.

Next year's AIHP meeting will be held on The Queen Mary docked in Long Beach California! Jan. 31 and first couple of days of February 2017..
Did you have a good time?

Back