mixed berry hand pies

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
mixed berry hand pies[/h1]
recipe here with incredible photos
I used to make an empanada from fresh berries, or apples (not for the B&B) and they were a huge hit. These are reminiscent of those to me, do you serve any individ pies or fruit pastry course like this to your guests? As a guest I would be delighted.

Would that reheat well do you think? Could I put them in the micro in the morning for a few seconds? Those look so good and so easy!

We recently made pies, including small hand held, for a local festival. Ours were apple, berry and spinach/feta cheese, in a normal pie crust, made uniform from pie to pie by using a press. Sold out. If this festival takes place again, we'll be there.

I've made something very similar to these -- using puff pastry, cream cheese and jam -- and served at breakfast as the baked good (ie instead of muffins).
Good option when there's an egg-allergy guest.
They're best baked the day of serving but can be assembled and refrigerated a day ahead then just pop 'em in the oven while getting ready for brekkie.

I've made something very similar to these -- using puff pastry, cream cheese and jam -- and served at breakfast as the baked good (ie instead of muffins).
They're best baked the day of serving but can be assembled and refrigerated a day ahead then just pop 'em in the oven while getting ready for brekkie..
But not reheated is what you're saying?

They're best baked the day of serving but can be assembled and refrigerated a day ahead then just pop 'em in the oven while getting ready for brekkie..
Alibi Ike said:
Sure, you could reheat them. But if you're going to have the oven on to reheat them for 10 minutes anyway, why not just bake them fresh? Only takes about 20 minutes.
You could also freeze them (assembled, unbaked) and bake straight from the freezer. Just add a few minutes to the cooking time.

A rollicking success this morning. Thanks!.
Did you get any photos? Harder to do than to say, I know it, I am never able to get them here.
chef.gif

Back