Mobile friendly forum

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
Wondering if I am missing it, I am trying to view on a device and can barely see this forum.
Thought it was worth asking about.

I think Steve said it was a big project. I'm using a tablet but it would be hard to see on a phone.

I can read it on my Kindle Fire, but I cannot reply - it will not give me the keyboard. Do not remember what happens with the iPad - Himself, the Ultimate Non-techie - has co-opted my iPad for looking at photos to use in the latest painting. It is a good thing he did not chastise for what I spent on the iPad since he now has it more than I do. I had to rely on the Kindle during my latest Conference.

Does well on IPad. Sometimes the column to the right with forum topics appears over large photos people post, and sometimes I cannot reply on iPad without switching to plain text editor.
Pretty hard to read, let alone reply, on iPhone 4 (which as time goes by is increasingly becoming incompatible with various apps, and I can no longer upgrade the IOS). Still works with the Square slider reader though if needed. I took my first chip card on the iPad a couple of months ago.

From the FAQ's
The column for the threads is really skinny, words are getting truncated, it's very annoying.
Click on "My Account" (top left corner of the screen) and click the "Edit" tab (not the "Edit" link under your Profile). Scroll down to Theme Configuration and change your preferences from the Innspiring Defult (three columns) to "twocol" (two columns). Click on Save. Also consider changing your screen resolution from 800x600 to 1024x768 (on a PC, go to the Desktop, right click, select Properties, then the Settings tab).
It is not fully mobile but at least gets it down to Two columns instead of three. Which makes it more friendly.

I can see the site on my iphone 4s ... an oldie! But not post pictures. Of course it's tiny tiny so I enlarge as I read.

From the FAQ's
The column for the threads is really skinny, words are getting truncated, it's very annoying.
Click on "My Account" (top left corner of the screen) and click the "Edit" tab (not the "Edit" link under your Profile). Scroll down to Theme Configuration and change your preferences from the Innspiring Defult (three columns) to "twocol" (two columns). Click on Save. Also consider changing your screen resolution from 800x600 to 1024x768 (on a PC, go to the Desktop, right click, select Properties, then the Settings tab).
It is not fully mobile but at least gets it down to Two columns instead of three. Which makes it more friendly..
swirt said:
From the FAQ's
It is not fully mobile but at least gets it down to Two columns instead of three. Which makes it more friendly.
Yes iPad is fine, mobile is not. No worries. Thanks for the update.

JoeyBloggs said:
Wondering if I am missing it, I am trying to view on a device and can barely see this forum. Thought it was worth asking about.
It's probably the main reason I'm hardly on here anymore... I spend a lot more time on my phone than on my laptop!
=)
Kk.

Back