Monday Funny

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
And so I always joke with our guests from overseas that we can’t play Scrabble with them or there may be a feud over spellings, like curb (US) kerb (UK) etc.
Daughter has a friend over and while I am making dinner they are playing Scrabble at the kitchen table. He has never played Scrabble before, and trying to work out the scoring etc.
He says “So if I want to spell TAIL…”
Daughter says “Yes, but you don’t have the letters for TAIL or TALE?”
He replies “Yes I do, look, Like if I want to TAIL a friend something…”
I couldn’t help but giggle (TELL A FRIEND SOMETHING)
shades_smile.gif

So your daughter's friend is Gomer Pyle? ;-) Shazam!

*Side note: I love that your daughter has a friend over and they are playing SCRABBLE!!! That's awesome!

It is the local accent, and he barely has one to be honest, but as I was looking away it was a bit stronger...haha
He also ate starfruit/carambola for the first time and quiche for the first time and other-than-ranch dressing tonight. I told him he can either bring a bottle of his own, or try something new.
shades_smile.gif

I know Penelope, Madeline says my family are like fresh off the tv screen from "Leave it to beaver"... I wish and hope that can be the case.
PS I always have a short story, my brother in law Colm in Ireland has a "healthy school lunch" catering program/business called Carambol Kids.
Ni neart go cur le cheile!
In Irish that means no strength without unity.

I moved to the South from Washington state. I'll never forget the first time a guest asked me for an "urn". I just had to stare at them.

Sound it out with a southern accent, and you'll figure out what they were asking me for :D

I moved to the South from Washington state. I'll never forget the first time a guest asked me for an "urn". I just had to stare at them.

Sound it out with a southern accent, and you'll figure out what they were asking me for :D.
It took me a few seconds to get that one! giggle

There was a family down the road when I was growing up that had a lot of kids and nuthin' else. The Mother sent one of the boys over to borrow something.
My Mom: What does she need? Kid: a poon
Mom: A what? Kid: a poon.
Mom: well what do you do with it? Kid: you know, you heat with it - as he makes motions of lifting it to his mouth

So I've got mention the time I was at a hotel and a guy from Boston asked me where he could find the bah.
I've heard of bah, humbug, and sheep that go bah, but he had to mimic taking a drink to make me realize he was looking for the bar.

My Irish uncle went into a department store in NY (one with a small, small hardware section). He couldn't find what he wanted so he went to the service desk to ask...
Uncle: Can you tell me where to find a copper tee?
Clerk: A cup of tea? Out in the lobby. (Where the vending machines were.)
Uncle goes to lobby, looks around, all he sees are vending machines. Goes back to desk.
Uncle: I can't find the copper tees, can you show me?
Clerk: In the machine. You have to put in a dime and pick 'tea'.
Uncle finally explained he was doing a plumbing job and the clerk called over someone from hardware. Personally I never found him hard to understand...

So I've got mention the time I was at a hotel and a guy from Boston asked me where he could find the bah.
I've heard of bah, humbug, and sheep that go bah, but he had to mimic taking a drink to make me realize he was looking for the bar..
Arkansawyer said:
I've heard of bah, humbug, and sheep that go bah, but he had to mimic taking a drink to make me realize he was looking for the bar.
From Urban Dictionary:
If you are from the Northeast, this is the norm. You tend to leave off "r", and sometimes add one in another place. Other times, ohs sound like ahs. Add “wicked” whenever possible.
dark=dahk
car=cah
red sox= red sahx
The party last night was a lot of fun= the pahty last night was wicked pissa!

I've heard of bah, humbug, and sheep that go bah, but he had to mimic taking a drink to make me realize he was looking for the bar..
Arkansawyer said:
From Urban Dictionary:
If you are from the Northeast, this is the norm. You tend to leave off "r", and sometimes add one in another place. Other times, ohs sound like ahs. Add “wicked” whenever possible.
dark=dahk
car=cah
red sox= red sahx
The party last night was a lot of fun= the pahty last night was wicked pissa!
Have you seen the commercials with the gang from MA? They are watching TV on the really tiny TV set and have the really tiny microwave for popcorn? I think the commercial is for DVR. Those guys ah a riot!

It is the local accent, and he barely has one to be honest, but as I was looking away it was a bit stronger...haha
He also ate starfruit/carambola for the first time and quiche for the first time and other-than-ranch dressing tonight. I told him he can either bring a bottle of his own, or try something new.
shades_smile.gif

I know Penelope, Madeline says my family are like fresh off the tv screen from "Leave it to beaver"... I wish and hope that can be the case.
PS I always have a short story, my brother in law Colm in Ireland has a "healthy school lunch" catering program/business called Carambol Kids.
In Irish that means no strength without unity..
Joey Bloggs said:
shades_smile.gif

In Irish that means no strength without unity.

The favorite around here is Monopoly. There seems to always be a game going in some room. I love it.

I just put a "MyTown"opoly game in each of my rooms. The game was created a few years ago during our town's sesquicentennial celebration and it features the name of my town in place of "Mon"opoly on the cover and on the game board. It's the same Monopoly game, but all the properties are local businesses, and all the community chest and chance cards also mention local places. It's pretty unique...and another reason to stay at my place ;-)

Back