More Air bn b news from meeting planners

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gaelstorm

Reaction score
Check this out. Should we be afraid? Perhaps it is time to quit or get with the program.
http://www.pcma.org/news/news-landing/2015/08/31/why-it-s-time-to-start-thinking-about-airbnb-s-impact-on-your-room-block?e=corbin@corbinball.com&m=3967037

I'm sorry, 1000 companies world-wide is nothing. Most of these are so small. And really, how many employees are happy to be using fluffy's towel and sleeping on the roommate's bed while he is out of town.

If we are on AirBnB, then we get the benefit. Don't see any reason to avoid them. Just reasons to fight their illegal listings.

With today's flaky society this too shall pass.

The only reason why businesses are doing this is because they see it as a way to save money. That was the reason for the contracts with certain hotels as there was a kick back of some sort attached.
What just came to mind last night was how fast people change in what they want.

Just 2-3 yrs ago the call to get young guests was to change to a sterile environment - little color, little anything to identify the room.

Now the table has turned. The young are now thinking how hip it is to stay in someone's home, maybe even the host's own bed with all their stuff still in place.
If business travelers are a big part of your business, what the heck - put your place on Air and see how it goes. But in reality, Air is not taking over the business traveler part of business. There is still a lot of potential business travelers out there.

I'm sorry, 1000 companies world-wide is nothing. Most of these are so small. And really, how many employees are happy to be using fluffy's towel and sleeping on the roommate's bed while he is out of town..
And it adds new meaning to "shared bath". I am not worried. As Charlie pointed out, 1000 businesses? Big Whoop, some cities have that many businesses in one building.

The only reason why businesses are doing this is because they see it as a way to save money. That was the reason for the contracts with certain hotels as there was a kick back of some sort attached.

Just 2-3 yrs ago the call to get young guests was to change to a sterile environment - little color, little anything to identify the room.

Now the table has turned. The young are now thinking how hip it is to stay in someone's home, maybe even the host's own bed with all their stuff still in place.
If business travelers are a big part of your business, what the heck - put your place on Air and see how it goes. But in reality, Air is not taking over the business traveler part of business. There is still a lot of potential business travelers out there..
It's really nifty, going through their drawers, looking at their books, deciding which one I want to read on the plane back.... looking for the key to that cupboard that they left locked that must have all the silverware in it. Seeing if I can get their password for their router. Finally getting to try to see why you aren't supposed to use dishwashing soap in the dishwasher. Order movies on their cable PPV. I wonder if they have any good medications in the medicine cabinet?
Or maybe we should see if we can make this cheaper... make a video of ourselves for an XXX website having sex in their bed and make people pay to see it.

If business travelers are a big part of your business, what the heck - put your place on Air and see how it goes. But in reality, Air is not taking over the business traveler part of business. There is still a lot of potential business travelers out there..
It's really nifty, going through their drawers, looking at their books, deciding which one I want to read on the plane back.... looking for the key to that cupboard that they left locked that must have all the silverware in it. Seeing if I can get their password for their router. Finally getting to try to see why you aren't supposed to use dishwashing soap in the dishwasher. Order movies on their cable PPV. I wonder if they have any good medications in the medicine cabinet?
Or maybe we should see if we can make this cheaper... make a video of ourselves for an XXX website having sex in their bed and make people pay to see it.
Then again it happens directly in our B&B industry too.

I have stayed in at least 2 B&Bs in the past where the closets were filled with clothes and other personal items and I wondered which family member had kicked out of their room in order for me to stay.

I did not have a good feeling about that. And while I didn't have the urge, some may think it was time to play dress up in their clothes. [just shivered thinking about that]

Note to those that do need to use a guestroom closet for storage. Lock it. Better the guest doesn't have access than to see what all is inside.

I have no objection to using Air - they as customers seem to have more idea about what they are booking and are strongly encouraged by air to communicate with the hosts about arrivals and ask sensible questions before booking - that's the kind of guests I want.

I have stayed in at least 2 B&Bs in the past where the closets were filled with clothes and other personal items and I wondered which family member had kicked out of their room in order for me to stay.

I did not have a good feeling about that. And while I didn't have the urge, some may think it was time to play dress up in their clothes. [just shivered thinking about that]

Note to those that do need to use a guestroom closet for storage. Lock it. Better the guest doesn't have access than to see what all is inside.
Ever gone on a cruise. When they do muster there is always those idiots who put their lips to the whistle to try it.... ugh!

Ever gone on a cruise. When they do muster there is always those idiots who put their lips to the whistle to try it.... ugh!
Charlie said:
Yes! and I get the creepy crawlies each time. Yuck!

Charlie said:
Yes! and I get the creepy crawlies each time. Yuck!

Back