More Boo Shenanigans

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GoodScout

Reaction score
In its latest attempt to screw over its hotel/inn/B&B clients, Boo has tried something sneaky.

We have a 30-day cancellation policy with Boo reservations and require 100% deposit at booking (due to past shenanigans detailed on other threads).

Yesterday we got a reservation as part of their "Risk-Free Reservation Programme." (the extra 'e' makes it super-classy). Essentially it ignores our 30-day cancellation policy and lets guests cancel within four days and get a full refund.

You can apparently opt-out, but you have to go to your administration panel and find out how to navigate under Opportunities to the Risk-Free info page. Then, at the very, very, very, bottom, is a well-disguised link for "learning more or to withdraw" from the program.

Needless to say, I gave them some GoodScout scolding in the comments when I withdrew. If you're a Boo user, you might want to consider getting off this program.

Perfect example of why I dropped them. I hated having to use the admin. panel, and sometimes having to ask them to manually make changes. And way too many rules and rule changes!

I got an email from them about this. Even tho I can no longer log in to read the emails. It’s even possible they are still using the inn name for marketing. I haven’t checked.

ALL the things I have seen from the folks on BedPosts in the UK and other forums told me I had made the correct choice to never sign up with them. I do not like to share my income AND I like to be the one running my business, not some faceless corporation that really knows nothing about a small B & B.

Never heard of Boo?, for me Exp..a fills in some vacancies when required but I *always* make sure my price is lower than theirs so they can’t suck the business away from me.

Never heard of Boo?, for me Exp..a fills in some vacancies when required but I *always* make sure my price is lower than theirs so they can’t suck the business away from me.
Booking dot com.

They did it to us, too. It took a frustrating phone call, but we eventually found the very fine, misleading print and were able to opt out.

Back