More Change on the Horizon for Your Google Listing

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks! I claimed mine a few weeks ago and when I search lodging for my town, we don't yet have the knowledge graph showing up.
In the search, only 3 of our town's 4 lodgings show up on the map Google brings up on the upper right area of the screen. The big hotel doesn't even show up, and the two other than mine are a motel that had huge negative BB publicity last year, and a flea bag hotel that's no longer even open! So right now I'm sitting pretty as far as the big G is concerned!
They even have a link to my G+ page. The others are not on G+. As has been said before, even if you don't use G+ much, it's worth playing the game and setting up your page, because Google is immensely big and powerful.

Note that I verified my address and claimed my Google+ page, but also had to separately verify and claim my Google Places listing, all with the same Google user name and password. They're not yet to the point of one hand talking to the other.
Do hands talk?
OK, now I'm seeing that I currently have TWO listings in Google Places! So apparently when you log in to Google Places and it says "add your business" it's not smart enough to realized you've already listed once before!
Sigh.

Note that I verified my address and claimed my Google+ page, but also had to separately verify and claim my Google Places listing, all with the same Google user name and password. They're not yet to the point of one hand talking to the other.
Do hands talk?
OK, now I'm seeing that I currently have TWO listings in Google Places! So apparently when you log in to Google Places and it says "add your business" it's not smart enough to realized you've already listed once before!
Sigh..
Arkansawyer said:
Do hands talk?
Sigh.
Are both verified?

Do hands talk?
Sigh..
Arkansawyer said:
Do hands talk?
Sigh.
Are both verified?
Breakfast Diva said:
Are both verified?
Yes. But that was just responding with a postcard with a pin for one, and a phone call with a pin for the other. No human has looked at it. Yet. They may pick up on it eventually.

Do hands talk?
Sigh..
I also ended up with 2 listings.

Do hands talk?
Sigh..
gillumhouse said:
We're a pair, then. You be chairman of the club this year and I'll be chairman next year!

I also had 2 listings, but Acorn somehow fixed it. Only 1 was verified, so I don't know if that made a difference.

we had 2 a while back but I got them merged after a bit of faffing about - one was The Camberley and the other The Camberley Hotel - this did actually happen twice so I check on it periodically

Back