More Creative Uses for Bacon

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Weaver

Reaction score
137219119866632961_CM2R5cbF_c.jpg
Could easily fill with eggs for a crustless, albeit not meatless quiche.
Edited to ad:
Using 5-6 strips of bacon make a basket weave pattern, press into a muffin tin, cook at about 350-375 F until crisp. Fill with eggs or ???

whattha.gif

I saw a similar idea with a tortilla baked in the over to make a tostada salad "shell" bowl. Microw tor for 10 seconds and fold over the outside of a small baking cup, then bake upside over the cup til crisp, then take it off the baking cup.

whattha.gif

I saw a similar idea with a tortilla baked in the over to make a tostada salad "shell" bowl. Microw tor for 10 seconds and fold over the outside of a small baking cup, then bake upside over the cup til crisp, then take it off the baking cup..
Joey Bloggs said:
whattha.gif

I saw a similar idea with a tortilla baked in the over to make a tostada salad "shell" bowl. Microw tor for 10 seconds and fold over the outside of a small baking cup, then bake upside over the cup til crisp, then take it off the baking cup.
I saw the same thing somewhere, and I saw cookie dough baked on upside down muffin tins for ice cream bowls.
But the best is make tuille cookies and let cool over a glass or a cone, pain to get off the baking sheet without silpat, but the best tasting things filled with berries or mousse. I love little foods, you can get so creative with the presentation.

That would even be fun filled with scrambled eggs sprinkled w/ cheddar cheese & some chives!

Has anyone tried it? I wonder how the walls will hold up. Love the idea of the scrambled egg and cheese. I'll have to give it a go this spring.

how do you do it? put the raw bacon in muffin tins and bake til the bacon is done and 'set' ?... so creative! i bet this would wow the guests and maybe not be hard to do.
heart.gif

Weaver said:
Edited to ad:
Using 5-6 strips of bacon make a basket weave pattern, press into a muffin tin, cook at about 350-375 F until crisp. Fill with eggs or ???
I would try it if I could get it done with two stips of bacon. My guests could not eat 5-6 strips of bacon, and I would be in the poor house since I use local organic bacon. 5-6 strips per guest would cause a big dent in my wallet!
RIki

Weaver said:
Edited to ad:
I would try it if I could get it done with two stips of bacon. My guests could not eat 5-6 strips of bacon, and I would be in the poor house since I use local organic bacon. 5-6 strips per guest would cause a big dent in my wallet!
RIki.
I agree it is a lot of bacon, but if you did a cute lattice work design and didn't try to make is a solid bowl of bacon, it would look really cute filled with fluffy scrambled eggs.

Weaver said:
Edited to ad:
RIki.
egoodell said:
Weaver said:
Edited to ad:
RIki
Mini muffin tin? Use it as your bacon for the meal, but different presentation.

I assume you would flip the muffin tin upside down & mold this on the outside (forgive me if someone's already said this). I like it, but not interested in the clean-up! maybe cup each muffin spot with foil & turn the bottom up to catch grease. Too much work...

Found this on pinterest.
Those are so cute! But I would cook the bacon more. Too underdone for me in the photo
Riki
egoodell said:
Those are so cute! But I would cook the bacon more. Too underdone for me in the photo
Riki
She posted an update that some people were pre-cooking the bacon a bit first and it was working well for them.

I assume you would flip the muffin tin upside down & mold this on the outside (forgive me if someone's already said this). I like it, but not interested in the clean-up! maybe cup each muffin spot with foil & turn the bottom up to catch grease. Too much work....
K9, click on the photo of the bacon wrapped eggs in the later post and see the recipe. It actually looks pretty easy.

Back