More Facebook Changes

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Breakfast Diva

Reaction score
I was wondering why I wasn't getting some newsfeeds anymore on pages I've "liked" or some old friends I haven't interacted with lately. I just got this update from one of the pages:
Have you noticed that the same people are interacting with you on Facebook? Are we not showing up on your Facebook News Feed?
It seems that a large chunk of your friends and favorite pagers are hidden.
Here’s why:
The New Facebook has a newsfeed setting that by default shows you ONLY posts from people or pages you’ve recently interacted with. This means that unless you’ve commented on one of your friend’s post or our page within these last couple of weeks – you are now invisible to them and they are invisible to you.
How to fix it:
Scroll down to the bottom of the newsfeed homepage and click on “Edit Options.” Click on “Show Posts From” and change the setting to “All of Your Friends and Pages.”
Now you’ll see posts from your favorite pages (including us) and friends you haven’t seen in a while.

I am glad for that. I was getting pretty sick of seeing every friend who liked someone I didn't have a clue about. Most of the stuff that is posted is just mindless chatter.

Thanks for that update! I wondered what had happened to a few friends and was going to their wall every so often and then they'd be back for awhile and then go away.
Catlady, for the mindless chatter posters, I "hide" their posts.
devil_smile.gif

That does explain why some people have disappeared. I'd hate to have to comment on every feed I follow just to keep it active. But, I guess that's the whole 'social' part isn't it!

This is actually bad for our business page. If people who like our page don't comment, then they will no longer get our posts on their newsfeed. Most guests don't comment, but do like to see what's happening and any FB specials we might post.
I stopped getting my CNN and other news posts, but didn't know why.

Thanks for that update! I wondered what had happened to a few friends and was going to their wall every so often and then they'd be back for awhile and then go away.
devil_smile.gif
YEs I do as well. but there are a few I have to keep because they are family
devil_smile.gif
And it still takes time to hide their posts...I don't want them all to go away.

That is just crazy. I cannot believe they did that. The value of our business pages just got cut from almost useless to useless. And then the other power of facebook is keeping up with people you don't keep up with but now they will just fade away and you won't know why????

Hopefully FB will see the error of their ways once people start to complain. I have hope it will be changed because unlike the 800 lb gorilla, FB seems to care about the experience people get on their site.

devil_smile.gif
YEs I do as well. but there are a few I have to keep because they are family
devil_smile.gif
And it still takes time to hide their posts...I don't want them all to go away.
I have blocked stupid app requests from one family member and I don't care! She's always sending some game or something. Geez....

Hey, BD, thanks for that info! I've changed mine and also posted it to my wall so hopefully this will begin to help others!
thumbs_up.gif

Hey, BD, thanks for that info! I've changed mine and also posted it to my wall so hopefully this will begin to help others!
thumbs_up.gif
cheers.gif
I guess this is social media in action. FB just lets all the folks pass the info on to others. Crazy!

Back