More kudos for INNspiring

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

happykeeper

Reaction score
Aloha kakou,
I am continually amazed and so yet another opportunity to heap praises on this forum for all the information they put at my fingertips. I read a blog that excites me, I read topics that inform me, and I read posts that let me see how other innkeepers think and act on so many things. We went away for a vacation and it was not possible to catch up on the vibrant conversations and educational input of all our fellow innkeepers. Quite honestly, I did not appreciate how much those things would mean to me.
So I ask you... what is it about this forum that inspires you?

Everything you just said...
Great advice from people in the trenches. (I owe a very smooth opening to the great Wise Ones here!)
Someone to complain to who gets it.
A fabulous format, easy to read, easy to use, with a very responsive owner who's willing to make changes and improvements.
A great group of regulars who keep the place clean and tidy (i.e., spam doesn't last long here!)
Lively conversation with occasional drama, frequent humor, and an astonishing variety of perspectives.
A growing list of resources and recipes all in one handy place.
Addictive, isn't it?
=)
Kk.

Everything you just said...
Great advice from people in the trenches. (I owe a very smooth opening to the great Wise Ones here!)
Someone to complain to who gets it.
A fabulous format, easy to read, easy to use, with a very responsive owner who's willing to make changes and improvements.
A great group of regulars who keep the place clean and tidy (i.e., spam doesn't last long here!)
Lively conversation with occasional drama, frequent humor, and an astonishing variety of perspectives.
A growing list of resources and recipes all in one handy place.
Addictive, isn't it?
=)
Kk..
Ditto! Everything that's been said is what keeps me coming back. I never check in without it enriching me in some way.

One thing that I take for granted is we stay abreast of the latest trends here. I can imagine so many innkeepers are totally in the dark fumbling around trying to do the right thing.
Example: When we discuss websites and photos on the websites - how many know about this? How many have the oppty to see the stats that we share that SO MANY guests now have high speed internet we can up the ante so to speak with larger and higher rez photos?
Scams that are out there.
New Products.
Best bang for your buck.
This is all truly valuable information. I appreciate all who take the time to share their experiences in all aspects of innkeeping, it helps everyone out. Sometimes we think a story is just a story or a review of a product, but it is useful information.
I post the INN the news as sometimes they apply to one or more of us, or just for general discussion. This is "The Bed and Breakfast Think Tank" right here. Thank you Swirt.
thumbs_up.gif

Ditto to all mentioned plus the fact that if I have an emergency I get a response within minutes oftentimes! That is a very secure feeling!
Riki

In addition to all the above mentioned, it gives not only a place to vent so I do not have to write the thank you letters to Tide and Hefty, but this group is a family that shares ones triumphs and commiserates with the failures. They give you the knowledge that you are not alone and it also was the genesis of the SOSK (Sisters of the Shiny Knees for newbies) when prayers were (and are) needed. This is where I told my Aspiring Class they should go for on-going insight into innkeeping. Yes, I warned them, the answers will be blunt and truthful and from varying opinions that will all be helpful.

One thing that I take for granted is we stay abreast of the latest trends here. I can imagine so many innkeepers are totally in the dark fumbling around trying to do the right thing.
Example: When we discuss websites and photos on the websites - how many know about this? How many have the oppty to see the stats that we share that SO MANY guests now have high speed internet we can up the ante so to speak with larger and higher rez photos?
New Products.
Best bang for your buck.
This is all truly valuable information. I appreciate all who take the time to share their experiences in all aspects of innkeeping, it helps everyone out. Sometimes we think a story is just a story or a review of a product, but it is useful information.
I post the INN the news as sometimes they apply to one or more of us, or just for general discussion. This is "The Bed and Breakfast Think Tank" right here. Thank you Swirt.
thumbs_up.gif
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
This is "The Bed and Breakfast Think Tank" right here. Thank you Swirt.
thumbs_up.gif
Don't thank me. The value of the think tank is its participants not the room they occupy. Thank you and all our other members for all the great content and discussions. Happy or heated, the discussions are always pretty valuable. ;)

To quote Clark Howard, it's the "collective wisdom" that is so valuable and the reason he gives for being such a fan of Trip Advisor and Yelp.

What I really appreciate about this forum is:
  • The speed of the discussions...things happen quickly around here!
  • This may be due to the opportunity of being anonymous, but innkeepers here are not "wimpy"! On the other major innkeeper forum I got tired of innkeepers whose advise was always to grin and bear it. I felt like they were always saying to just give in so you don't have to live with negative vibes and those guests karma would catch up to them someday.
  • I love the diversity and unique personalities...strong discussions are great! That's how we all learn.
  • Like JBJ said, the technical knowledge here is high. A breath of fresh air!

Wonderful thread! Everything that the others have posted. I always learn something when I have time to stop by here. And I get great support when I need it...like when I was totally wiped out last week :)
Thank you Swirt & all my fellow Inn-Mates (thanks to JBJ for coining the phrase).

• This may be due to the opportunity of being anonymous, but innkeepers here are not "wimpy"! On the other major innkeeper forum I got tired of innkeepers whose advise was always to grin and bear it. I felt like they were always saying to just give in so you don't have to live with negative vibes and those guests karma would catch up to them someday.
  • I love the diversity and unique personalities...strong discussions are great! That's how we all learn.
I do believe that the negative guests' karma will catch them up someday. However, it is not necessary for my peace of mind to be trampled in order for that to happen...
Not to be a pirate and highjack this thread, but last summer taught us some big lessons...if I can throw my own grandkid out for being a noisy nuisance, I can ask any child or parent or guest to get a grip. We had to present a bill for damages to a guest last year, and with trepidation did so. Guest paid immediately and with no questions. So, we can square our shoulders and get what is our due. (However, many here will recall how hard it was for us to do that and the stress it caused, which goes back to just sucking it up. This was too much money to 'grin and bear it'.)
But, I had this gang here to encourage me and commiserate with me and actually award me the coveted PITA award for that one week's worth of guests!
pita.gif
May you never get this award...

I'm still very new to this sight, but already addicted. This is the first sight I have been on for B&B owners. It really helps to know that I am not alone when dealing with an issue and I have really enjoyed the back and forth banter that goes on. It's very enlightening and humorous, as well as helpful and encouraging. I look forward to sharing a lot more. Thanks.

I do believe that the negative guests' karma will catch them up someday. However, it is not necessary for my peace of mind to be trampled in order for that to happen...
Not to be a pirate and highjack this thread, but last summer taught us some big lessons...if I can throw my own grandkid out for being a noisy nuisance, I can ask any child or parent or guest to get a grip. We had to present a bill for damages to a guest last year, and with trepidation did so. Guest paid immediately and with no questions. So, we can square our shoulders and get what is our due. (However, many here will recall how hard it was for us to do that and the stress it caused, which goes back to just sucking it up. This was too much money to 'grin and bear it'.)
But, I had this gang here to encourage me and commiserate with me and actually award me the coveted PITA award for that one week's worth of guests!
pita.gif
ok...silly question...what does PITA stand for??

pita.gif
PAIN IN THE ASS!

pita.gif
PAIN IN THE ASS!
WOOOOOO HOOOOOOO!!!!!! See?? I learned something new from you today! Thanks!

pita.gif
PAIN IN THE ASS!
NW BB said:
If my memory serves me it was our inn-mate in NH who invented that acronym? She sold her place as a priv residence after what was it, 25 years of innkeeping? She was a great lady!

New Products.
Best bang for your buck.
thumbs_up.gif
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
thumbs_up.gif
Don't thank me. The value of the think tank is its participants not the room they occupy. Thank you and all our other members for all the great content and discussions. Happy or heated, the discussions are always pretty valuable. ;)
swirt said:
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
thumbs_up.gif
Yes, but a comfortable, well-lit, well appointed room really helps to keep the conversation flowing!
=)
Kk.

pita.gif
NW BB said:
You can read about this and many other frequently used terms in the INNspiring Glossary.
=)
Kk.

Back