More outlets and a shelf

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arks

Reaction score
I saw this advertised on Facebook and thought of innkeepers. Lets you take a single outlet and turn it into
  • 6 outlets
  • 2 USB chargers
  • a shelf
It screws into the original outlet screwhole so should be able to bear some weight on the shelf. Would be handy in a bathroom that lacks enough outlets and shelves, or in a bedroom. You get 2 for $30 + shipping.
At first I thought 6 outlets might be too much plugged in at once, but several phones charging at once is very little power draw, and with the big power draws like curling irons and hair dryers, they could already run those both at once on a standard double outlet, so this doesn't change much.

We have been installing iHome Power Reach outlets with USB chargers in rooms on each side of the bed. Those with CPAP machines and all the devices have told us how much they appreciate it!

Looks nice however a similar outlet minus the shelf should be available locally for less than $10, I’ve used them, but my electrician wasn’t fond of them.

I have 6-outlet surge-protector cords on each side of all my beds and a 6-port USB charging towe in each room. 2 are on nightstands and one is on top of the bookcase headboard. I should probably get 2 more so there is a tower on each nightstand. Thanks for the kick to think of this - each guest has their own set of toys to charge.

I bought special ones with international sockets, so that even the Aussies can just plug in.
But if you are interested, this company makes a nice "slim" outlet specifically to attach to desks and nightstands...
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0768R2JDG
You screw it on the back of the nightstand (assuming it's wood) and it gives you 2 USB and 2 outlets, no hiding, no searching, plug their CPAP and phone right in. :)

I really like that. Thanks, Arks, for sharing that. We have a couple of rooms where we don't have room for a night stand. I think this would work nicely.

Back