Most likable guest

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
Who was your most likable guest(s) and why (without sharing names or personal details)?

This is more of an amalgamation but last night's guest fits the bill pretty well...I love kids who are relaxed and chatty and wonderous and curious and good eaters and polite. We've had our share of neat kids this summer and I look forward to them coming back when their parents make the reservation.

We had a couple that just kept us in stitches the whole time they were here. They had traveled extensively and loved to share tales of their adventures. The funny part is, they hadn't led a charmed life at all. She was a veteran who had severe disabilities from Desert Storm that often confined her to a wheelchair. However, she had learned to make the best of the situation by not feeling sorry for herself and making others laugh as well.

Joe Bloggs said:
Who was your most likable guest(s) and why?
Those that pay in cash in advance.
thumbs_up.gif

Usually Mormons make good guests, and I'm not Mormon.
I guess a favorite is from Florida, a clearly retired couple who loves bnbs. They left us a "ceramic bnb" house before they left, just left it for us in their bathroom.
Ones who are friendly and make few "special requests."
I love living my life through the tales of our guests.
C

I think it has to be Punch & Judy - that is what they called themselves. They were here for their 50th wedding anniversary - on a tryke (that for the uninitiated is a 3-wheeled motorcycle). Both were cancer survivors and so absolutely wonderful! They were so nice that I gave her a 1-nighter for a Ride for Cancer she was spearheading and when she took it out of the manila envelope I had put it in, she cried. Such interesting people enjoying life together and living it to the fullest.

Joe Bloggs said:
Who was your most likable guest(s) and why?
Those that pay in cash in advance.
thumbs_up.gif
hmmm...They mail you the cash before they get there?? Good for you!
Wow...this question is a tough one because we've had so many likable guests. I will put on my thinking cap....
Samster said:
hmmm...They mail you the cash before they get there?? Good for you!
Wow...this question is a tough one because we've had so many likable guests. I will put on my thinking cap....
Nah! It's more like wishful thinking. Haven't actually had any of those.
Most of our guests have been nice and very likeable. The ones that weren't were merely aloof and not necessarily rude or anything. Our biggest problem is getting friendly guest to leave the breakfast table. Most of them sit around and want to chat clear up until checkout! We're torn between wanting to continue the conversation and chasing them out so we can flip the room. (The room flip usually wins)

I remembered!
One of our first guests - They arrived here & he looked like a deer caught in the headlights of a car. What has my wife gotten me into?? He had never been to a bed and breakfast before. They were the nicest folks and ended up staying an extra 2 days. He is now a B&B convert :)

Back