Most unexpected guest...

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
What was the most unexpected guest action or statement or item?
Either something they did to surprise you or delight you? Something good they did or said unexpectedly.

Househunters #2 - having heard of the success of househunters #1 (as encouragement they would be successful) presented us with a frame with 4 places with a photo of their new-found house in #2 spot. They left room for #1 (which we did take and put in - they opened it a couple years later as a B & B) and room for the next ones. #3 never gave us a picture of their house for the frame.

That would have to be the guest who did an impromptu poetry reading from his book and then presented us with the book.

Aah...I think the guests that took us out to dinner during their second stay qualifies...this is after D. locked them out of the house overnight their first stay!

After our first season was done, when Christmas time rolled around and suddenly a whole bunch of boxes started to arrive from all over the place- all addressed too our boys. They were Christmas presents from guests. I could not believe it.

After our first season was done, when Christmas time rolled around and suddenly a whole bunch of boxes started to arrive from all over the place- all addressed too our boys. They were Christmas presents from guests. I could not believe it..
IrisoftheWayfarer said:
After our first season was done, when Christmas time rolled around and suddenly a whole bunch of boxes started to arrive from all over the place- all addressed too our boys. They were Christmas presents from guests. I could not believe it.
That almost brings tears to my eyes! How sweet

Back