Mother Nature's Serenade

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
Mother Nature's Serenade
Why do people go outside to decompress, de-stress, rejuvenate, recreate and relax? Because it works.
The beach, the river, the mountains, the park, the forest, the hills, the farm...
Should you work being outside into your day more often?
from http://www.thinkdaily.com/
lrg_Canoe_Cabin_VA%20State%20Park.jpg

A true Mother Nature's serenade ......
Our Dawn Chorus is outstanding. It wakes me up almost every morning at about 3:00 a.m. I love the sound so I just smile and go back to sleep.
The funny thing is that my alarm is set to "dawn chorus" - one day I'm just going to smile and go back to sleep (luckily it gets louder the longer I leave it). It's a wonderfully "non-jarring" way to wake up. A loud, insistent beep or sudden alarm that jolts me awake leaves me feeling cranky

A true Mother Nature's serenade ......
Our Dawn Chorus is outstanding. It wakes me up almost every morning at about 3:00 a.m. I love the sound so I just smile and go back to sleep.
The funny thing is that my alarm is set to "dawn chorus" - one day I'm just going to smile and go back to sleep (luckily it gets louder the longer I leave it). It's a wonderfully "non-jarring" way to wake up. A loud, insistent beep or sudden alarm that jolts me awake leaves me feeling cranky.
Yes, it is amazing. At 3 AM-ish. I can sleep thru it, too, but guests have made comments...
We both slept thru the alarm this morning (it's a blinking light) and if you don't acknowledge it the alarm goes off. Holy cow! That'll start yer heart right up!

3am? Talk about early birds and worms. Our birds don't begin squaking until about 6am currently. BTW and I don't know if our guests ever notice or care, but we have a southern magnolia outside to the left here and the birds of many feather gather there and go ballistic every day (vs at a birdfeeder) but do they notice? Do they hear? The mockingbird and the cat bird have nests right off the porch in a holly tree and sing their little butts off out there. Do they hear it?
The true serenade is getting outside.
What plans do you have to get OUT THERE this week? (If you do take some pix and share them with us!) Your outside is different than our outside! We would LOVE TO SEE YOUR IMAGES!!!!) CHEERS!

3am? Talk about early birds and worms. Our birds don't begin squaking until about 6am currently. BTW and I don't know if our guests ever notice or care, but we have a southern magnolia outside to the left here and the birds of many feather gather there and go ballistic every day (vs at a birdfeeder) but do they notice? Do they hear? The mockingbird and the cat bird have nests right off the porch in a holly tree and sing their little butts off out there. Do they hear it?
What plans do you have to get OUT THERE this week? (If you do take some pix and share them with us!) Your outside is different than our outside! We would LOVE TO SEE YOUR IMAGES!!!!) CHEERS!.
It is bright enough at 4 AM to wander around outside and actually see what you're doing!
Yes, I have outdoor plans for this week if the weather holds.

What plans do you have to get OUT THERE this week? (If you do take some pix and share them with us!) Your outside is different than our outside! We would LOVE TO SEE YOUR IMAGES!!!!) CHEERS!.
It is bright enough at 4 AM to wander around outside and actually see what you're doing!
Alibi Ike said:
458am is the sunrise in Maine.
559am is the sunrise in Roanoke VA
512am is the sunrise in Port Orchard WA
541am is the sunrise in San Diego CA

Alibi Ike said:
759pm is the sunset in San Diego
911pm is the sunset in Port Orchard WA
826pm is the sunset in Maine
843pm is the sunset in Roanoke VA
(PS you now have permission to sing Sunrise Sunset from Fiddler on the Roof for the rest of the day...)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLLEBAQLZ3Q

Being outside is the key to serenity-i walk around the victorian garden every day sometimes twice a day-we are in a small city. When we lived in WV-outside the dinning room we had as many as 10 species of birds, chipmuncks, squirles and the many many hummers-plus at the pond the fish, dragonflies etc-
The seranade starts here around 5:00AM-
The dawn chorous is fantastic. The mocking bird is amazing-never seeing or hearing one in my life they are amazing singers and we have a family in several crape myrtle trees, we also have a large magnolia tree outside the windows of the dinning room-our guests do notice. I dont think I could live without going outside. Cant wait till NJ-totally different climate and birds etc...

Being outside is the key to serenity-i walk around the victorian garden every day sometimes twice a day-we are in a small city. When we lived in WV-outside the dinning room we had as many as 10 species of birds, chipmuncks, squirles and the many many hummers-plus at the pond the fish, dragonflies etc-
The seranade starts here around 5:00AM-
The dawn chorous is fantastic. The mocking bird is amazing-never seeing or hearing one in my life they are amazing singers and we have a family in several crape myrtle trees, we also have a large magnolia tree outside the windows of the dinning room-our guests do notice. I dont think I could live without going outside. Cant wait till NJ-totally different climate and birds etc....
birdwatcher said:
The mocking bird is amazing-never seeing or hearing one in my life they are amazing singers
We have a mocking bird around here that has learned to quack like a duck and honk like a goose. It's really somthing to see him/her sit on my clothes line and go thru his repitore of songs and have the quack and the honk come out of his mouth. It's amusing!

Alibi Ike said:
Even tho I'm not a morning person it's easier to get up at 7 if the sun's up quite a bit earlier than that. I do wish we had more daylight at the opposite end, tho. Maybe 9:30. That would be nice.
BTW, those birds are at it at 2:45 AM!

Back