Movie about our area - Wettest County in the World

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
I just wanted to share this with you as you will hear me talk about it more later on.
A bestseller was written about our area (by the grandson of the main character) and a certain event in history. This is being made into a film (although filmed in another state) and the author of the book assured me the facts of where this took place would be very clear throughout the film, not generic or masked.
The director is well known as are the actors. The latest to be added made $5,000,000.00 for Lost in Space and $3,000,000.00 for Dark Knight (Gary Oldman). Most of the actors are Australian or British as is the director John Hillcoat. One american actor is Shia Lebouf who just made $15,000,000.00 for Transformers (2011) Photos of the actors here.
Here is a link to the imdb page. and another
Wettest County in the World[/h1]The book is very violent as it shares the history in these hills, and those moonshiners who were like gangs of thugs. I beleve the movie will also be the same as this director is known for dark and violent movies like "The Road" and "The Proposition." It is about a family of bootleggers in Franklin County Virginia.

Oh and THIS was in our little local paper just today (same day I posted the info above)
[COLOR= rgb(32, 32, 32)]Moonshine stills, guns seized at Penhook residence[/COLOR]
I am working on this angle for marketing as people WILL COME to this area after the movie is released. I might have to create a page on the website devoted to this?
PS I found these bottles this weekend, one I fell into a creek of 1 foot thick mud to recover. They are old old moonshine bottles (no size or weight even printed on them yet)
Waid_Moonshine_Trophy_Mar122011.jpg

Oh and THIS was in our little local paper just today (same day I posted the info above)
[COLOR= rgb(32, 32, 32)]Moonshine stills, guns seized at Penhook residence[/COLOR]
I am working on this angle for marketing as people WILL COME to this area after the movie is released. I might have to create a page on the website devoted to this?
PS I found these bottles this weekend, one I fell into a creek of 1 foot thick mud to recover. They are old old moonshine bottles (no size or weight even printed on them yet)
Joey Bloggs said:
Are you sure your fall was before you found the jug?
cheers.gif

Great cast & director....it should be a good flick. Guy Pearce is also quite well known..
Samster said:
Great cast & director....it should be a good flick. Guy Pearce is also quite well known.
Oh yeah, another Aussie. Used to watch him on Neighbours. Anyone in Oz or UK who watched that.

Its fab lets hope it has a crocodile dundee effect (after the film tourism to australia tripled so now this is known as this effect) ! Also a good idea for a blog article!

Its fab lets hope it has a crocodile dundee effect (after the film tourism to australia tripled so now this is known as this effect) ! Also a good idea for a blog article!.
Its fab lets hope it has a crocodile dundee effect (after the film tourism to australia tripled so now this is known as this effect) ! Also a good idea for a blog article!
and a web PAGE. I added it already, will add the trailer etc once it is released.
Hey just as an fyi the "Throw another Shrimp on the barbie" (1984) and "Fosters" ads were PRE- Crocodile Dundee (1986). He did the ads for Austrailain Tourism pre that movie release. Aussie's don't know what Shrimp are, they are called prawns there.
They were in fact made popular after MEN AT WORK had the #1 hit Down Under in 1982.

What a lovely pair of jugs!
wink_smile.gif

Back