Muffins?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sandynn

Reaction score
Do you think you could mix up the batter and put it in the refrigator over night put it in the muffin tins and bake in the morning? I have been using crandberry orange muffin mix and putting some fresh zest in and it is yummy.

I think it would be better to bake them when you can and reheat. If they need to rise, the dough will be dead by morning.

I think it would be better to bake them when you can and reheat. If they need to rise, the dough will be dead by morning..
We freeze the batter in a muffn paper in the tin and then put them in ziplocks. The morning of we take out how many we need and bake fresh. Others that need more finishing we bake and freeze and reheat.
Riki

I think it would be better to bake them when you can and reheat. If they need to rise, the dough will be dead by morning..
We freeze the batter in a muffn paper in the tin and then put them in ziplocks. The morning of we take out how many we need and bake fresh. Others that need more finishing we bake and freeze and reheat.
Riki
We freeze the batter in a muffn paper in the tin and then put them in ziplocks. The morning of we take out how many we need and bake fresh.
Cool. How long do you have to let them thaw before putting it in the oven?

Riki
We freeze the batter in a muffn paper in the tin and then put them in ziplocks. The morning of we take out how many we need and bake fresh.
We do it with our blueberry muffins. Put them right in the oven right out of the freezer frozen and cook the same amount of time. It takes longer for 4 muffins than 2. Put some water in the other muffin holes.
I have not tried it with my others yet as they get toppings. But the blueberry muffins come out fantastic. People say "These are wonderful - you must have baked them fresh this morning?" and we say "yes" because we did!
I have heard this does not work with all muffins. But I make a dozen or two at a time, freeze in the papers in the pan and once frozed pop in a ziplock.
Riki

Riki
We do it with our blueberry muffins. Put them right in the oven right out of the freezer frozen and cook the same amount of time. It takes longer for 4 muffins than 2. Put some water in the other muffin holes.
I have not tried it with my others yet as they get toppings. But the blueberry muffins come out fantastic. People say "These are wonderful - you must have baked them fresh this morning?" and we say "yes" because we did!
I have heard this does not work with all muffins. But I make a dozen or two at a time, freeze in the papers in the pan and once frozed pop in a ziplock.
Riki
DW does the exact same thing. She has done it with several different recipes, all with excellent results. She bakes a variety of muffins, all at one time and it works great!

Riki
Riki
DW does the exact same thing. She has done it with several different recipes, all with excellent results. She bakes a variety of muffins, all at one time and it works great!
rrh said:
Great to know, thanks for the tip!

absolutely to the freezing. i am sure i learned this trick on the forum of freezing the dough in the tins and paper cups and then transferring the little 'lumps' to freezer bags. such a time saver! i thought i'd have to bake the frozen batter longer than just mixed ... but it thaws so fast in the pre-heated oven that the difference is negligible. just be sure you have nice tight bags. i like the Reynold's handi vac ... amazingly, they have decided to STOP manufacturing them! so if you have one, stock up on the bags!
occasionally i'd have leftover fresh muffins and i froze them. just as long as you freeze them properly (no ice crystals) they can be kept about 3 months. prepare by putting the frozen (baked) muffins in the tins and 're-baking' about 20 minutes.

I have done it with my cranberry triple sec muffins - and I do mini-muffins. Works great.

I have done it with my cranberry triple sec muffins - and I do mini-muffins. Works great..
Do you freeze them or refrigerate?
I spry the tins with non-stick, put in freezer, nd then pop out of the tin into plastic freezer bgs.
take out, put back into sprayed tins, and bake as usual.
This might work for me. I use pans that look like small bunt cakes. I make muffins in them and when I serve I put the butter in the middle. Looks great and saves cleaning up any thing that had butter in it.
Thanks every one.

I have a great recipe for muffins that you mix up and you can keep the batter in the fridge for 6 weeks! They are yummy - fresh muffins every morning (as long as you don't have 2-nighters!) Let me know if I should post it.

I have a great recipe for muffins that you mix up and you can keep the batter in the fridge for 6 weeks! They are yummy - fresh muffins every morning (as long as you don't have 2-nighters!) Let me know if I should post it..
suellen222 said:
I have a great recipe for muffins that you mix up and you can keep the batter in the fridge for 6 weeks! They are yummy - fresh muffins every morning (as long as you don't have 2-nighters!) Let me know if I should post it.
I would love to see this recipe, thank you!!!
Riki

I have a great recipe for muffins that you mix up and you can keep the batter in the fridge for 6 weeks! They are yummy - fresh muffins every morning (as long as you don't have 2-nighters!) Let me know if I should post it..
The Morning Glory Muffin is like that also. If I have several days of one-nighters, I do that one.

I just posted the recipe - don't know if they are called Morning Glory Muffins, but I like the name!!! Better than Bran muffins - sometimes people will decide not to eat something cos they don't like the name. I tell them as I set them in front of them - "This will get you started this morning" Sometimes they get it, sometimes they don't!

I just posted the recipe - don't know if they are called Morning Glory Muffins, but I like the name!!! Better than Bran muffins - sometimes people will decide not to eat something cos they don't like the name. I tell them as I set them in front of them - "This will get you started this morning" Sometimes they get it, sometimes they don't!.
I made a few changes in the Morning Glory recipe and call mine - Muffins Worth Getting Up For

I just posted the recipe - don't know if they are called Morning Glory Muffins, but I like the name!!! Better than Bran muffins - sometimes people will decide not to eat something cos they don't like the name. I tell them as I set them in front of them - "This will get you started this morning" Sometimes they get it, sometimes they don't!.
I made a few changes in the Morning Glory recipe and call mine - Muffins Worth Getting Up For
How do your "Muffins worth getting up for" compare to the recipe I just posted?
I made your Gillum House Rolls for T-day - they were a big hit! And so easy!

How do your "Muffins worth getting up for" compare to the recipe I just posted?
I made your Gillum House Rolls for T-day - they were a big hit! And so easy!
Posting it now. Hit wrong key so have to start over. DARN!!!

Back