mug warmer

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sandynn

Reaction score
I would like to warm my coffee cups before breakfast. I saw a cordless warming tray. Anyone every heard of this. You heat it up for 8 minutes and it stays warm for 60 minutes. I could heat it up and put it in the dining room and have warm coffee mugs ready for coffee. I think our Deneen Pottery Mugs suck the heat out of coffee very quick and would be great if we heated them. I sometimes fill them with hot water before guests come down but that is a bit of a hassle.

sandynn said:
I would like to warm my coffee cups before breakfast. I saw a cordless warming tray. Anyone every heard of this. You heat it up for 8 minutes and it stays warm for 60 minutes. I could heat it up and put it in the dining room and have warm coffee mugs ready for coffee. I think our Deenen Pottery Mugs suck the heat out of coffee very quick and would be great if we heated them. I sometimes fill them with hot water before guests come down but that is a bit of a hassle.
I think this is a great idea! I have a Deenen mug for my own use from the Conference and it holds heat like crazy if I put warm water in it before I pour my coffee!
Yes, I can see how doing that for guests would be a pain in the patootie, but the end result would be so nice!
On a cold winter's day, I KNOW I would appreciate that and I KNOW that would make me take notice of other things that are being done for my comfort behind the scenes.

Can you put your oven on low put the cups on a cookie sheet or jelly roll pan and just let them sit for a few minutes in the oven? That ought to get them warm enough.

One of the directories sent out an email awhile back about an inn that uses a mug warmer. I want to say (but it's sounds like I'm making it up!) that they sell thousnds of dollars in mugs every year because of this. Can't remember the name of the inn or much else other than the mug warmer has made them the number one purchaser of mugs from Deneen.
Catlady's idea is a good one, too, as it requires no additional storage of anything.

or you can go the cheaper method
wink_smile.gif

Coffee%20Mug%20Warmers.jpg

If you preheat the thermos or carafe with hot water the coffee should hold at a hot temp, also don't put ice cold creamer out with the coffee which chills the temp. (Not sure if this happens, just mentioning in case it does).
PS a warm mug to me means someone had just used it. a) it was recently washed, or b) it was recently in someone's hands.

sandynn said:
I would like to warm my coffee cups before breakfast. I saw a cordless warming tray. Anyone every heard of this. You heat it up for 8 minutes and it stays warm for 60 minutes. I could heat it up and put it in the dining room and have warm coffee mugs ready for coffee. I think our Deenen Pottery Mugs suck the heat out of coffee very quick and would be great if we heated them. I sometimes fill them with hot water before guests come down but that is a bit of a hassle.
I think this is a great idea! I have a Deenen mug for my own use from the Conference and it holds heat like crazy if I put warm water in it before I pour my coffee!
Yes, I can see how doing that for guests would be a pain in the patootie, but the end result would be so nice!
On a cold winter's day, I KNOW I would appreciate that and I KNOW that would make me take notice of other things that are being done for my comfort behind the scenes..
Penelope said:
Didn't Deneen have a bunch of their mugs and some bread warmers (clay ones shaped like sleeping cats) on a hot plate on low heat during the conference? I seem to remember that. You might even be able to use an electric griddle if there is a 'warm' setting. They had the bottom covered with a cloth that the mugs sat on.
Were you in Charleston, Penelope? I think I missed meeting you...

sandynn said:
On a cold winter's day, I KNOW I would appreciate that and I KNOW that would make me take notice of other things that are being done for my comfort behind the scenes..
Penelope said:
Didn't Deneen have a bunch of their mugs and some bread warmers (clay ones shaped like sleeping cats) on a hot plate on low heat during the conference? I seem to remember that. You might even be able to use an electric griddle if there is a 'warm' setting. They had the bottom covered with a cloth that the mugs sat on.
Great idea! It's very cold here in the mornings and that would be a neat thing to do.

sandynn said:
Penelope said:
No, I wasn't there this year. You didn't miss me! :)
It was given to me by my bosses as a "thank you" gift for staying home to keep the inn open for some last minute guests who could only come during the conference.

sandynn said:
Penelope said:
So what about putting them on a heating pad..that would warm them up as well :) I certainly would not be spending money to buy some contraption to heat mugs. That is a waste of money. If your oven is on already from baking in the morning after you turn it off, just sit a tray of mugs in there. Then you won't be using any additional energy.

I like this idea, mom used to warm our plates up for us when we were up at the cabin. Oster makes a warming tray for about $30.00, bet that might work. Also, they have another version with 3 food trays for about $40.00 w variable heat. Think I will invest.

...and then there is that...put a heat lamp in a lamp above the mugs to warm them. :) Worked for our chickens...
Culinary-heat-lamp.jpg

heat%20lamp.jpg

smallHeatBulb.JPG

I didn't find the coffee mug ticket until AFTER the Conference. Never thought to see if anything was BEHIND my name tag!

Back