Mugs and other pottery

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do people really buy the mugs from you? Do you use the mugs yourselves? We use teacups and china in the dining room. Certainly the mugs would clash with our set. (And encourage people to drink a heck of a lot more coffee.).
Eric Arthur Blair said:
Do people really buy the mugs from you? Do you use the mugs yourselves? We use teacups and china in the dining room. Certainly the mugs would clash with our set. (And encourage people to drink a heck of a lot more coffee.)
We've probably sold 12 mugs out of 288. When we decided to go with branded mugs instead of the mugs that match our tableware, we did select the smallest size we could find- 11 ozs. This time around everyone we spoke with was pushing 15, 16 and 17 oz mugs! I guess they have no idea how difficult it would be to keep enough coffee at the ready! Plus, you definitely couldn't use the Keurig with mugs that size.
So why are we buying new mugs if we've only sold 12? They walk away. Since summer we've lost another 5. We've given away something like 4 dozen. Thank goodness they are not the really pricey Deneen mugs!
"keep enough coffee"...HOT, that is what I say, big mugs do not keep coffee hot, I know they are clay and all of that, but if people add creamer it is just not hot enough, then they want to dump it somewhere...it is an issue. That is why I prefer the smaller mugs in the Deneen style. But not everyone like clay mugs, some prefer cup and saucer as a more elegant cup of coffee at the inn, or regular diner style ceramic mug.
images
1792RK%20Myott%20Olde%20Chelsea%20Cup%20&%20Saucer%20Set.jpg

Many of the Europeans will ask me for hot milk for their coffee. They don't want their coffee cooled.

Do people really buy the mugs from you? Do you use the mugs yourselves? We use teacups and china in the dining room. Certainly the mugs would clash with our set. (And encourage people to drink a heck of a lot more coffee.).
Eric Arthur Blair said:
Do people really buy the mugs from you? Do you use the mugs yourselves? We use teacups and china in the dining room. Certainly the mugs would clash with our set. (And encourage people to drink a heck of a lot more coffee.)
We've probably sold 12 mugs out of 288. When we decided to go with branded mugs instead of the mugs that match our tableware, we did select the smallest size we could find- 11 ozs. This time around everyone we spoke with was pushing 15, 16 and 17 oz mugs! I guess they have no idea how difficult it would be to keep enough coffee at the ready! Plus, you definitely couldn't use the Keurig with mugs that size.
So why are we buying new mugs if we've only sold 12? They walk away. Since summer we've lost another 5. We've given away something like 4 dozen. Thank goodness they are not the really pricey Deneen mugs!
"keep enough coffee"...HOT, that is what I say, big mugs do not keep coffee hot, I know they are clay and all of that, but if people add creamer it is just not hot enough, then they want to dump it somewhere...it is an issue. That is why I prefer the smaller mugs in the Deneen style. But not everyone like clay mugs, some prefer cup and saucer as a more elegant cup of coffee at the inn, or regular diner style ceramic mug.
images

Many of the Europeans will ask me for hot milk for their coffee. They don't want their coffee cooled.
Eric Arthur Blair said:
I'm weird, I suppose. I'm a coffee drinker, not a coffee sipper, so I never pour more than 1/2 cup of coffee at a time, so the ceramic cup can cool it enough for me to finish it quickly and go back for another cup. I want it hot, but not too hot to drink quickly.
It goes back to what JB said earlier: everybody's different

Eric Arthur Blair said:
images

Eric Arthur Blair said:
I'm weird, I suppose. I'm a coffee drinker, not a coffee sipper, so I never pour more than 1/2 cup of coffee at a time, so the ceramic cup can cool it enough for me to finish it quickly and go back for another cup. I want it hot, but not too hot to drink quickly.
Arkansawyer said:
Eric Arthur Blair said:
Drink it black?

Eric Arthur Blair said:
images

Eric Arthur Blair said:
Arkansawyer said:
Eric Arthur Blair said:
Drink it black?
I absolutely drink it black. I want to taste coffee, not additives.

Eric Arthur Blair said:
images

Eric Arthur Blair said:
Arkansawyer said:
Eric Arthur Blair said:
Drink it black?
Arkansawyer said:
I had you pegged.
Had a mother, daughter and grandmother here this morning. I remembered the daugher (from Illinois) drank her coffee black so I asked the grandmother from Pittsburg "Black right?" She said "How did you know?" I told her, I just do.
Now give me a couple from the UK and I will have 9/10th the cup filled with half and half creamer in one teenie cup of coffee.
wink_smile.gif
I could put the half gallon of creamer out for them!
We have shared before on here the guests who used 15 sweetener packets in one cup and it was un believ able. Then it happens to another innkeeper and you get an email shot off forum "IT HAPPENED! I WATCHED THEM EMPTY EACH PACKET INTO THE CUP!"

Back