Mulberry Jelly

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

winewitch

Reaction score
Anyone ever make this? I have two trees and need a tip for getting the juice out easily. Anyone have any good mulberry recipes? I tried cobbler, everyone hated it, too mealy, seeds and stems. It's shame the flavor of the berries is very good, but the texture, not so good...
Thanks!

My sister just made a huge amount last week... apparently it's been a banner year for mulberries. I think she just followed the recipe in the Sure-Jell package, but I can ask her.
=)
Kk.

Just follow the sure jell package directions for other berries. It should come out ok. Personally I don't like mulberries, blackberries or rasberries in baked goods..I don't like all those little seeds. But made up seedless in a jelly, it would be fine. We got rid of our mulberry tree years ago because it was a mess!!! We have sprouts still popping up everywhere and I keep cutting them out.

On the subject of mulberries - of which we too had two full trees this year - more than the birds could even digest! How do you ferment berries on the vine/tree? A guest mentioned it one day that she was fermenting them and they had a laugh as the squirrells ate them and dropped drunk out of the tree every day.
Any ideas? I have only heard of it AFTER they are picked.

On the subject of mulberries - of which we too had two full trees this year - more than the birds could even digest! How do you ferment berries on the vine/tree? A guest mentioned it one day that she was fermenting them and they had a laugh as the squirrells ate them and dropped drunk out of the tree every day.
Any ideas? I have only heard of it AFTER they are picked..
Seems to me that they would just "drop off" the tree. That was what ours did. No way would they just stay on to ferment for too long..some may hang on I guess.

That is what I thought too. They don't stick around. We picked peaches yesterday and have them fresh for guests this morning. While picking them that guest came to mind and noone knew the answer. Once they drop, they rot. I guess I can investigate it more.

That is what I thought too. They don't stick around. We picked peaches yesterday and have them fresh for guests this morning. While picking them that guest came to mind and noone knew the answer. Once they drop, they rot. I guess I can investigate it more..
I googled it and couldn't find anything about fermenting on trees, just fermenting berries to juice and wine.

That is what I thought too. They don't stick around. We picked peaches yesterday and have them fresh for guests this morning. While picking them that guest came to mind and noone knew the answer. Once they drop, they rot. I guess I can investigate it more..
How did you serve the fresh peaches?? They can brown up so quickly :-(

Samster said:
I put them in a muesli parfait with peach yoplait (just happened to have on hand). I nearly added blueberries for color/effect, but the peaches were so lovely they stood on their own! I just diced them fuzzy and all. I started to peel one and they are not super large so there was no way it would work. I made a small one for myself and it was really good.

Samster said:
I put them in a muesli parfait with peach yoplait (just happened to have on hand). I nearly added blueberries for color/effect, but the peaches were so lovely they stood on their own! I just diced them fuzzy and all. I started to peel one and they are not super large so there was no way it would work. I made a small one for myself and it was really good.
I've put them in with the peach yogurt too & they're dee-lish that way. Do you ever really have folks that say they don't eat yogurt?? I always wonder about that. I've been doing more fruit that has really no adornments, other than a squirt of whipped cream maybe & a mint leaf.

Samster said:
I've put them in with the peach yogurt too & they're dee-lish that way. Do you ever really have folks that say they don't eat yogurt?? I always wonder about that. I've been doing more fruit that has really no adornments, other than a squirt of whipped cream maybe & a mint leaf.
We do a fruit parfait every week with yoghurt and nobody says they don't eat yoghurt. I love the peach idea and will waste no time in stealing it. Immediately.
RIki

Samster said:
Samster said:
YES!
And have folks who say it was the first time they ate it and liked it!
I will say out of about 20 guests one will not want yoghurt. But yoplait is what I use as most people who don't like yoghurt like yoplait. That was how I got turned onto yoghurt.
I never knew why I didn't like it as I love sour things. But I never did. Now I do. Took me about 30 years to like it.
If I have a hint that someone might not like it Iwill put the dollop of cream like you do and they eat it. Peaches and cream cannot be turned down.

Samster said:
Samster said:
YES!
And have folks who say it was the first time they ate it and liked it!
I will say out of about 20 guests one will not want yoghurt. But yoplait is what I use as most people who don't like yoghurt like yoplait. That was how I got turned onto yoghurt.
I never knew why I didn't like it as I love sour things. But I never did. Now I do. Took me about 30 years to like it.
If I have a hint that someone might not like it Iwill put the dollop of cream like you do and they eat it. Peaches and cream cannot be turned down.
I had a guest here this weekend that would really inspect everything that was served to her. It was the most fascinating thing to watch...first time I've seen that behavior. She would gingerly lift things up with a fork & peek, tip the fruit dish, move small elements to the side and so on. Then, after hardly eating anything she would say, "That was soooooooooo fabulous!" It cracked me up!! She didn't eat peaches & is from my State.

Back