Music on the deck

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

McQuade72

Reaction score
My deck is fairly large and the focal point of the Inn. People gather to watch the ocean and night the sunsets, my parents in their early 70's love the peace and quiet. My wife and I younger 30/40 like to hear some quiet music in the background so its not strange to actually talk.
Thoughts Music or no, I would say cliental average age is 50-55.

One consideration. Technically, I think you're supposed to pay royalties to the artist or music producer if you're playing music at a commercial establishment. Maybe others can comment on the details, including a guess at what your chances are of getting caught and charged a penalty. It has happened to some.

We discussed this in a previous thread and discovered that licensing law excludes streaming services (Spotify, Apple Music, SiriusXM) where they licensing has already been paid by the services.

Unless it's live music id go with no. Then again, I'm closer to your parents age than yours.

Quiet music in the background? Love it.
Sunset in summer round here is well before nine ... and before this oldster's bedtime!
wink_smile.gif
Younger than your folks, older than you.
Turn it off at nine or thereabouts, or if someone asks you to. No problem with honoring a request.
Spotify works

Quiet wins. Listening to the sounds of the evening is a special moment.
Fornthe record, I am the person who will move if someone has music going at the beach.

Back