Music Promotion on your blog or website

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JunieBJones (JBJ)

Reaction score
Do you love music? Do you think your guests love music? Do you let them know in advance when there is a show of interest or performance or event?
There is so much around here I just can't keep up. From big name bluegrass, local musicians, to tours. I have found blogging about it enables me to add the most information. There is a new music venue in nearby Roanoke that seats max up to 150 people and the tickets aren't expensive and any monies earned from the bar go to a local music program nearby downtown.
Do you ever send out email alerts to guests who have booked announcing a special event on the weekend they are there?

I had someone reserve for the weekend of Aug 22 and told them they chose a wonderful weekend because the Communtiy Band Concert had been rescheduled for that weekend. Yes, I also blogged about it when it was supposed to take place (unhuh! oh no! the rains came down..) and about the current date. Last night I did the blog about Frontier Days coming in September and gave the entertainment for each night. Trying to price out a Special for a family for that weekend so perhaps this year I will not be empty - I can almost reach out from my porch and touch the SkeeBall Game trailer. I charge the occupant $25 to plug in to my electricity. Does that tell you how close we are to the carnival and the action?

I had someone reserve for the weekend of Aug 22 and told them they chose a wonderful weekend because the Communtiy Band Concert had been rescheduled for that weekend. Yes, I also blogged about it when it was supposed to take place (unhuh! oh no! the rains came down..) and about the current date. Last night I did the blog about Frontier Days coming in September and gave the entertainment for each night. Trying to price out a Special for a family for that weekend so perhaps this year I will not be empty - I can almost reach out from my porch and touch the SkeeBall Game trailer. I charge the occupant $25 to plug in to my electricity. Does that tell you how close we are to the carnival and the action?.
I charge the occupant $25 to plug in to my electricity. Does that tell you how close we are to the carnival and the action?
That's all???? I think I would be upping that fee.

I had someone reserve for the weekend of Aug 22 and told them they chose a wonderful weekend because the Communtiy Band Concert had been rescheduled for that weekend. Yes, I also blogged about it when it was supposed to take place (unhuh! oh no! the rains came down..) and about the current date. Last night I did the blog about Frontier Days coming in September and gave the entertainment for each night. Trying to price out a Special for a family for that weekend so perhaps this year I will not be empty - I can almost reach out from my porch and touch the SkeeBall Game trailer. I charge the occupant $25 to plug in to my electricity. Does that tell you how close we are to the carnival and the action?.
I charge the occupant $25 to plug in to my electricity. Does that tell you how close we are to the carnival and the action?
That's all???? I think I would be upping that fee.
We watched our bill the first year and it did not make that much difference (believe DH was ready to start looking for the cement over that) and the carnival is not paying it, it is the guy running the game and he is just trying to make a living like we are.

I don't like automatic music on a web site. Ok if it is click here to listen.
I am not a music listener. My husband is. I don't have an ipod to listen to music. My radio is on the local channel for news and interviews, not music.

I have and I need to do some NOW...thanks for the kick in the butt!
I would not put music on my site though...too many people looking at our listing, blog etc while at work.
GH - I agree that $25 may be too reasonable - how many years have you been doing this? We all know our electric rates have greatly gone up the past few years.

We have musical events on our website and blog. When guests book on the phone we let them know if anything is happening, if we know about it. As far as contacting guests later on with special events, we haven't done that. We do post as many events as we know about on our guest info bulletin board.

I would not put music on my site though...too many people looking at our listing, blog etc while at work.
GH - I agree that $25 may be too reasonable - how many years have you been doing this? We all know our electric rates have greatly gone up the past few years..
This will be the third year for the return of Frontier Days. It is only for a week (and if it makes me empty I do not have A/C running overtime) and it really did not affect the bill - and I DO keep track of the utilities and can go back to 2004 with my raw costs.
As for music on the web site or blog, I believe the question refers to text - NOT sound! To put sound on a site without the requirement to actually turn it on is IMNVHO just plain stupid because it risks a person's job (OK they are not supposed to be surfing, but if they find me at work I think it is great).

I don't like automatic music on a web site. Ok if it is click here to listen.
I am not a music listener. My husband is. I don't have an ipod to listen to music. My radio is on the local channel for news and interviews, not music..
OOPs..I think maybe you misunderstood the post. She is just "blogging" about music not putting it on her site. Though she does have links people can click to listen if they want :) I am with you. Most of the time I don't even have my speakers on. I think it is totally obnoxious for sites to have music automatically play when you open their site ...ugh.

GH - I agree that $25 may be too reasonable - how many years have you been doing this? We all know our electric rates have greatly gone up the past few years..
Copperhead said:
Any time.
tounge_smile.gif

PS Kicks in the butt are complimentary from this innkeeper.

We have jazz, country western, gospel, bluegrass venues all the time. Notification of such events goes out to previous and upcoming guest or to anyone who has subscribed to our monthly email newsletter.
We find that our guests appreciate knowing about events and places to eat before they arrive, so that they can make their travel plans.

When I take time to blog, I absolutely blog about music! We are a little arts mecca here so I actually blog about theatre, art, and music. I need to do that now that the events are gearing up for Fall.

Back