My '9' question answered!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
$160 immediately looks more elegant to me....more B&B -ish. Best I go rethink these here as well. :) So what about $155?

Joey Bloggs said:
$160 immediately looks more elegant to me....more B&B -ish. Best I go rethink these here as well. :) So what about $155?
I'm not sure I agree with elegant, but I see exactly what you mean about zeros. Rates ending in nine always look cheezy (to me) at a B&B. Rates that end with a five seem warmer to me somehow. But, I'm a mental case!

I read somewhere that $300 is a threshold for a "major purchase" and that many people balk at going over. Or, more generally, there's a price point for many people (higher or lower) above which they need to seek "approval" (or at least, agreement) from wife/husband/boss/s.o.
This was confirmed at an auction where I bought a wicker patio set. It crept up to $300 and I really hesistated... I'd never spent so much at an auction before. But once I hit it, all competition vanished. (It was worth far, far more!)
So I've wondered, does this apply to B&B stays, too? If the girls are going out for a weekend, is there a price they don't really have to worry or another price where they have to get their husband's buy-in before they can escape?
Agree on menus, $15 is elegant and $14.95 says chain restaurant.
=)
Kk.

I read somewhere that $300 is a threshold for a "major purchase" and that many people balk at going over. Or, more generally, there's a price point for many people (higher or lower) above which they need to seek "approval" (or at least, agreement) from wife/husband/boss/s.o.
This was confirmed at an auction where I bought a wicker patio set. It crept up to $300 and I really hesistated... I'd never spent so much at an auction before. But once I hit it, all competition vanished. (It was worth far, far more!)
So I've wondered, does this apply to B&B stays, too? If the girls are going out for a weekend, is there a price they don't really have to worry or another price where they have to get their husband's buy-in before they can escape?
=)
Kk..
Good points! It really depends on the individual I think. I have guests who have to 'check with my...' at $120, $150, $175, $200. Like the folks last night who decided on 2 nights instead of 1 after checking with my...
I know guests who 'hide' the shopping receipts at all different ranges, too.
It's a great reason to have 'yours, mine, ours' when it comes to money. If 'mine' is a getaway with friends and 'yours' is a new bbq grill, we can spend what we have and no one cares. And I can spend 'mine' on 'our' vacation if I want to upgrade from what 'ours' can afford.

=)
Kk..
Good points! It really depends on the individual I think. I have guests who have to 'check with my...' at $120, $150, $175, $200. Like the folks last night who decided on 2 nights instead of 1 after checking with my...
It's a great reason to have 'yours, mine, ours' when it comes to money. If 'mine' is a getaway with friends and 'yours' is a new bbq grill, we can spend what we have and no one cares. And I can spend 'mine' on 'our' vacation if I want to upgrade from what 'ours' can afford.
YES!! Since I became City Clerk and get an actual check, I now have a Mine. He has always had a His but my checks were direct deposit which made it Ours. I like having Mine!

Joey Bloggs said:
I'm not sure I agree with elegant, but I see exactly what you mean about zeros. Rates ending in nine always look cheezy (to me) at a B&B. Rates that end with a five seem warmer to me somehow. But, I'm a mental case!
Little Blue said:
Joey Bloggs said:
Not sure why...either. But is goes better with
$160-
vs
$155-
the line goes with the zero, there must be some psychological reason -makes you think with the 5 there or something, more soothing with the zero? I am SURE there are tons of studies on this subject.

=)
Kk..
I don't agree. But then I am the principal financier of the family...so the other half might agree with you. :)

Back