My Blog Site

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FYI, I was finally able to update my blog and edited a few of my posts with new info..
Interesting what you're expecting from the inns that you're visiting and your comments on wallpaper.
I've never stayed at an inn that didn't offer juice and or water at breakfast. Several have not had 24 hr complimentary beverages, maybe just a hot pot for instant hot beverages. I would be curious about what you're paying per night as that could determine the amenities.
I will say that once our guests are in & settled, we rarely make another appearance as they usually are doing their own thing. We don't want to be too intrusive. They know where to find us & have my cell phone number. We try to cover everything when they check in & they have a detailed room book with lots of info.

FYI, I was finally able to update my blog and edited a few of my posts with new info..
Interesting what you're expecting from the inns that you're visiting and your comments on wallpaper.
I've never stayed at an inn that didn't offer juice and or water at breakfast. Several have not had 24 hr complimentary beverages, maybe just a hot pot for instant hot beverages. I would be curious about what you're paying per night as that could determine the amenities.
I will say that once our guests are in & settled, we rarely make another appearance as they usually are doing their own thing. We don't want to be too intrusive. They know where to find us & have my cell phone number. We try to cover everything when they check in & they have a detailed room book with lots of info.
I checked the prices on some of the places...over $150.

It's not that I HATE wallpaper, but when the house is a victorian you would expect more of that style of paper, not paper from the 1980's, just my opinion, I'm not a designer/decorator, just know what I like.
We like to have access to water and/or tea & coffee (I'm a COFFEE-A-HOLIC). In several of the places we've stayed so far we've had to lug our own water to our room just so we will have something to drink so having access to something to drink is really a nice feature!
The most expensive Inn we will stay at on our trip is in Salem, Ma. We paid $177 plus tax which brings the nightly total to $199....tonight we paid $159 plus tax so our 2 night total is $359. They have a Keurig for coffee, tea and hot chocolate but if you want water, soda or chocolate bars you have to pay $1.
I will be posting to my blog with some of the recent stays tonight.

GG: Number of guest rooms too. If you can post that. I think when places get BIG then they charge for everything. They have STAFF and that is just the way it is, more like a hotel.
HAVE FUN.

I think that JBJ hit the nail on the head here. You definitely lose the personal touch when inns get large with staff to do the work. I usually don't stay anywhere with more than 6-8 rooms for that reason.

That was my suspicion. Larger INNS versus B&B's - which are typically 6-7 rooms or less. Meaning owner on site, interaction and attention to detail.
INNS from most on this forum are in name only, they do not exceed the B&B size. If there is one over 7 rooms, let us know.
Except for that "Manor" which is actually (name removed) Manor Bed and Breakfast. Altho for the life of me cannot figure out how you know what the rooms are called other than booking it. Then it says meet the innkeepers and there is no photo. WHAT THE? It should be called READ the innkeepers. Or about.
Shocked that is a blizz website too. So much tiny font. Almost like they are hiding something in the teensy pics and lack of them. Hm, will wait for the update on this one.
teeth_smile.gif

"She said she didn't feel like she owned it, but that she was a caretaker of the house."
Yeah... don't we all!
=)
Kk.

That was my suspicion. Larger INNS versus B&B's - which are typically 6-7 rooms or less. Meaning owner on site, interaction and attention to detail.
INNS from most on this forum are in name only, they do not exceed the B&B size. If there is one over 7 rooms, let us know.
Except for that "Manor" which is actually (name removed) Manor Bed and Breakfast. Altho for the life of me cannot figure out how you know what the rooms are called other than booking it. Then it says meet the innkeepers and there is no photo. WHAT THE? It should be called READ the innkeepers. Or about.
Shocked that is a blizz website too. So much tiny font. Almost like they are hiding something in the teensy pics and lack of them. Hm, will wait for the update on this one.
teeth_smile.gif
That reminds me of when Eric G of bandb.com commented on 'mid-size 30 room inns'. Maybe that is more normal for those that take the bandb.com gift cards.
Many innkeepers are not fans of the blizz these days.
Jeanne

The only help that they had was her Mother in Law. I asked her if they did the whole Inn their selves and that's what she told me. Now, maybe when "season" comes they have help, I didn't ask her that and she didn't mention. Their Inn was spotless clean and tidy too.

The only help that they had was her Mother in Law. I asked her if they did the whole Inn their selves and that's what she told me. Now, maybe when "season" comes they have help, I didn't ask her that and she didn't mention. Their Inn was spotless clean and tidy too..
Edited to remove references to specific inns.

GG: Number of guest rooms too. If you can post that. I think when places get BIG then they charge for everything. They have STAFF and that is just the way it is, more like a hotel.
HAVE FUN..
Rockland Maine 12 Rooms
Camden Maine 2 Houses with combined 18 Rooms
Kennebunkport Maine 11 Rooms
Dover New Hampshire 9 Rooms
Salem Mass. 20+ Rooms
Providence Rhode Island 2 Houses with combined 27 rooms
Williamsburg Virginia 6 Rooms

teeth_smile.gif
All the inns with the exception of the Salem and Providence Inn were all ran by the owners. They all were there either making the breakfast or serving them. I believe the Rockland Inn was the only one that did not have any help in cleaning the rooms.
We are hoping the Williamsburg B&B will turn out good. I agree they have a really BAD website! We are staying in the Blue Southall room (I think that's the name off the top of my head). All the reviews from the past year or so were good except for 1 with a couple who stayed with an infant so we're hoping, keeping our fingers crossed!!! The Innkeepers father owns another B&B in Williamsburg and she needs to learn an example from his website!

Edited by GeorgiaGirl25
This thread here is the only thread that I've posted on today......Maybe someone else edited my post?? I edited the posts above to remove the names of the Inns just a few minutes ago (10:10 pm).

Edited by GeorgiaGirl25
This thread here is the only thread that I've posted on today......Maybe someone else edited my post?? I edited the posts above to remove the names of the Inns just a few minutes ago (10:10 pm)..
Nevermind.

Back