My blog, take a peek, what do you think?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks good. Even if you are not open, you should get your blog set-up on a dedicated domain as soon as possible. Either as a subdomain or as a subdirectory. Yes things can always be forwarded later, but there are benefits to getting it in place now rather than later.
My only other suggestions are to make use of categories and have them displayed in the sidebar. This is preferable to the calendar archive display you are using currently... especially if the posts you are writing have some longevity (not dated info that will change rapidly).
As far as links... only add links you think will be useful to your potential guests. Don't just add them because somebody told you they are good for SEO. They often aren't if added just for the sake of SEO.
And yes the Member blogs are listed in order of user number and those are granted in order of when people sign up on this site..
Thanks Swirt!
Am working with Acorn, they will work on the link to the blog, will ask them about subdomain. Am using a template, but will see if I can figure out how change the calendar to categories--I like that idea too. I thought the only links I have are to send people on to get more information about the topic of the post--did I do something wrong here? Really appreciate the feedback.
I wasn't cautioning about specific links in your blog, only the blanket statement that was made earlier about adding links being good for SEO.
Labels or categories are importable to other blogging systems if you chose to make a switch. Gadgets at this point are not.

Back