My blog, take a peek, what do you think?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

white pine

Reaction score
I don't feel like I should post this in the member blogs, seeing as we are not up and running. But for those who are curious, I would love some comments on how to improve it. I will do more local sites and events, but now we are two hours away. Our lives are still very much in flux. I will remove this link in a day or so.
Sorry to leave it up so long, I was out of town with internet problems. Thanks All.

Well done!!
I hope you enjoy "Content Marketing" as we are told it is now called in 2011! haha I hope it will enhance your love of your new area (once you are there full time) and get you out to see some really cool and interesting things!

I agree. Your blog is very interesting and well-written.

Thanks guys! I've come a long ways thanks to this forum. We have enjoyed doing the blog. Still learning....

I enjoyed it. Your Lodge and my house are the same age - 1912. That sets you up for LOTS of press releases, blogs, and packages in 1912 to celebrate 100 years.

Oh I can see why you bought the place! Wonderful! And the blog has just the right note.

Ditto from me as well. WOW..looks like a great spot. Good luck with it.!

Very nicely done. I love the pictures. Your content on the surrounding area will enhance your other posts you do about your inn once you are open.
One suggestion, don't forget to use links in your posts. That helps with your SEO.
Also, once you have your actual website built, you will want to switch from the Google blogspot format to the other Google format that uses your website address. That way your blog posts will count as additional pages on your website (better for SEO placement). Your webmaster will be able to help you with this. I believe that all of what you have written can be transfered over, but check with your webmaster for more details.
Again, great job.

Very nicely done. I love the pictures. Your content on the surrounding area will enhance your other posts you do about your inn once you are open.
One suggestion, don't forget to use links in your posts. That helps with your SEO.
Also, once you have your actual website built, you will want to switch from the Google blogspot format to the other Google format that uses your website address. That way your blog posts will count as additional pages on your website (better for SEO placement). Your webmaster will be able to help you with this. I believe that all of what you have written can be transfered over, but check with your webmaster for more details.
Again, great job..
Thanks for the feedback, I was hoping for ideas to make it better. I do have several links, but was afraid their text color does not contrast enough. I used a templante, but will try to figure out how to change that. I am working with Acorn, and plan on linking to the blog, hopefully, they can help on this.

I enjoyed it. Your Lodge and my house are the same age - 1912. That sets you up for LOTS of press releases, blogs, and packages in 1912 to celebrate 100 years..
We like the 100yr celebration idea. We are e-mailing a grand-daughter of the Dr. who built it. She has photos of them living in tents while it was built! Will do a post on them in the near future--the Dr. died of rabies!

The only thing to make it better is to have a big BOOK NOW! Button on there with a ton of links and info about the establishment AS IS CURRENT. I adore the background stuff though, it is good for preopening, interesting!

Is there a way on the blog to connect with you? Email or anything? A lot of us exchange blog links and we could do that with you as well if we could get in touch. That helps a little bit because we're all in the same 'line' so it's a tiny SEO bump. BUT, it's a bigger bump if my guests read my blog and see your blog and vice versa and we get bookings!

I enjoyed it. Your Lodge and my house are the same age - 1912. That sets you up for LOTS of press releases, blogs, and packages in 1912 to celebrate 100 years..
We like the 100yr celebration idea. We are e-mailing a grand-daughter of the Dr. who built it. She has photos of them living in tents while it was built! Will do a post on them in the near future--the Dr. died of rabies!
I just blogged my year in review http://www.gillumhouse.com/blog/

I agree...nice job! Now I see why you fell in love with the place and wanted to restore it. Best of luck! That is a big operation....

Is there a way on the blog to connect with you? Email or anything? A lot of us exchange blog links and we could do that with you as well if we could get in touch. That helps a little bit because we're all in the same 'line' so it's a tiny SEO bump. BUT, it's a bigger bump if my guests read my blog and see your blog and vice versa and we get bookings!.
I didn't put my e-mail on because I was afraid of spam. Am I being too paranoid? Still a newbie when it comes to social media. I will add it to my profile.

Is there a way on the blog to connect with you? Email or anything? A lot of us exchange blog links and we could do that with you as well if we could get in touch. That helps a little bit because we're all in the same 'line' so it's a tiny SEO bump. BUT, it's a bigger bump if my guests read my blog and see your blog and vice versa and we get bookings!.
I didn't put my e-mail on because I was afraid of spam. Am I being too paranoid? Still a newbie when it comes to social media. I will add it to my profile.
white pine said:
It's probably not the best place, but you may find you get some contact from it. Just get a gmail account to use here and dump it if it gets spammed. BTW, cannot read your profile, you haven't allowed viewing!

white pine said:
It's probably not the best place, but you may find you get some contact from it. Just get a gmail account to use here and dump it if it gets spammed. BTW, cannot read your profile, you haven't allowed viewing!
Hi-
I think I was not clear--I meant I am posting it on my profle on this website. I will probably add a gmail on the blog too. Thanks for the idea.

white pine said:
Hi-
I think I was not clear--I meant I am posting it on my profle on this website. I will probably add a gmail on the blog too. Thanks for the idea.
Oops. My bad.

Wow, just got a chance to check out the blog and the Lodge is just gorgeous!!!! I am imagining it next year all decked out for Christmas (you can get a HUGE tree with those 12 foot ceilings!!!). The blog looks great, I think you've struck just the right tone.

Wow, just got a chance to check out the blog and the Lodge is just gorgeous!!!! I am imagining it next year all decked out for Christmas (you can get a HUGE tree with those 12 foot ceilings!!!). The blog looks great, I think you've struck just the right tone..
Just looked at the video. Wow..lots of work to do..but WOW the possibilities are endless and so exciting! Best of luck in the new year.

Back