my completed pond

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sunshine

Reaction score
OK, here is my completed pond. My son is making the bridge for over it. It will go where you can see the plastic on each side. My plants are slowing going in around it, but you get the idea. and since its just finished it will take a couple of days for the filter to clear the water. I love my new pond and waterfalls! we are getting fish in a couple of weeks too!
thumb_pond%20s.jpg

I hope you can see it ok.

It looks great. Do you have to turn it off in the winter?

Cool!
Did you make the arbor or buy it? That's just the sort of thing I'm looking for.

Beautiful!!! I want to come sit by it and sip a glass of wine! NICE WORK!

Sunshine....
Your Walnut room......trim color.....is that a muted gray, or is it more a tan ?
awesome work has gone into your rooms

Lovely, and as the plants grow it will provide such a peaceful haven for guests to enjoy. The waterfall will provide just the added touch of tranquility. Our guests comment over and over how they love the sound of our fountain waterfall.

Beautiful! Is there a place where guests can sit and listen to it/enjoy it?.
Yes! You can't see it from the angle of the pic, but the other side of the bridge is a walkway going to a glider bench that sits under another (rot iron) arbor. we will probably put a small bench on the other side too if we can fit it in.
Directly across (to the right of the pic) is another patio, and my son is also making a pergola for over that and there is furniture facing the pond there too.

Sunshine....
Your Walnut room......trim color.....is that a muted gray, or is it more a tan ?
awesome work has gone into your rooms.
Thank you! it is more tan. I took my inspiration for making the canopy in that room, from an opra house in NY!

Nice.........a light in the water ?.
we thought about putting lights in the water, but we don't want too many cords in there. we are going to put some solar lights around it and a couple that will shine on the waterfalls.

Cool!
Did you make the arbor or buy it? That's just the sort of thing I'm looking for..
My son designed them and made them. He is a graphic artist, but loves woodworking. He wants to eventually do that. (were helping him build up his portfolio by giving him 'lots of projects' to do
wink_smile.gif
).
Too bad you don't live closer... he'd love to come build you some!
If you know someone who is handy with wood and tools, perhaps they can make you some. It will cost you 1/4 the price of a premade one.

It looks great. Do you have to turn it off in the winter?.
They say to leave the pump on all year around, esp if we put fish in it. so... that is what we are planning to do. we'll see how well that works out. They also make pond warmers that keep the water from freezing.

It looks great. Do you have to turn it off in the winter?.
They say to leave the pump on all year around, esp if we put fish in it. so... that is what we are planning to do. we'll see how well that works out. They also make pond warmers that keep the water from freezing.
just leave the falls running.......it's realy neat seeing the ice form on the sides....eventualy cover the entire front..
Mine last year....twice covered completely with ice and there was a small spot you could see through the watering falling behind

Back